PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Game... Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may take a year or two, but when he does develop he'll be a top ten corner.

Hopefully with Capers he'll be top ten in his first year :p

Just curious to why you picked Otah over Clady?

Otah definently is stronger, and has more potential than Clady. It's not like the Chiefs are going to win anytime soon, they might as well pick potential over game-ready.

Otah definently is stronger, and has more potential than Clady. It's not like the Chiefs are going to win anytime soon, they might as well pick potential over game-ready.

haha, I would rather pick more NFL ready at #5, but your reasoning makes sense :)

Then again Glenn Dorsey is still available yes?

Can we get an updated list of who's been taken?

Sorry Bakes, it's not letting me update the original post anymore, if you go to the last page and scroll down you'll see what's up, Patchick has been kind enough to agree to update it for us, but she can't do everything right away.

haha, I would rather pick more NFL ready at #5, but your reasoning makes sense :)

I would've taken Clady too, but that guy really needs to hits the weights. He'd get dominated by 3-4 ends like Seymour and Warren that would just bull-rush him.

Sorry Bakes, it's not letting me update the original post anymore, if you go to the last page and scroll down you'll see what's up, Patchick has been kind enough to agree to update it for us, but she can't do everything right away.

Yeah but you can edit your last post to include an updated list. The deeper we go into this draft the more important that list will be to avoid duplicate picks.

I think DRC was the right pick once Gholston was off the board, but with the division of opinion around here regarding that pick, it's bound to be controversial one way or the other.

I think corner was the right way to go though.

I think Otah would fit better in Baltimore then Clady would. Otah could play RT and grow into the position and the moment Ogden retires, move him to LT. Clady may be out of place at RT.

I hate the Rodgers-Cromartie pick. He's not his cousin. He's over-rated and his ego is bigger than his abilities.. He actually makes Hobbs look humble.

I think DRC was the right pick once Gholston was off the board, but with the division of opinion around here regarding that pick, it's bound to be controversial one way or the other.

I think corner was the right way to go though.

there's not much else the pats could do if they weren't able to trade down..
And im glad you can't trade down in our draft game, otherwise it'd be a complete mess.

You take Cromartie, McKelvin or reach for someone else..

trading down a little bit and getting someone similar would be ideal IMO

PS. English is not my mother tongue ( Dutch ) and while I don't have any problem at all reading it, constructing correct sentences in English myself or using the right words might give some troubles so my apologies if some of my sentences are shaken up and might look "not-English" in construction.

Until I got to your PS, I wouldn't have even guessed. :)

VJC takes Gholston, the obvious pick :rolleyes: :p

The Jets were watching the Superbowl just like everyone else. And they realized the only chance to beat this Patriots team is to keep Brady on the turf. Adding Gholston to pair up with Pace gives the Jets a potent pass rush coming from either side of the line. Let's hope that the real Jets are too stupid to realize this. ;)

BTW with those concerned about Cromartie dominating at his level - "In 39 starts for the Tigers, opposing quarterbacks completed just 55 of 161 passes (34.16%) thrown in Rodgers-Cromartie's immediate area. He intercepted 11 of those throws, deflected 25 and held the opposition to a miniscule 3.54 yards per pass attempt, the best of any collegiate defensive back over the last three seasons." That yards allowed per attempt stat is pretty darn good. Ints are overrated for CBs imo.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dominique-rodgers-cromartie?id=306

Last edited:
Now that gostkowSKI has picked who is on clock?

Now that gostkowSKI has picked who is on clock?

BritPat, then me. I'm waiting anxiously, but have to split at 4:30.

BritPat is presumably in jolly old England, so he might be settling in for the night...

BritPat is presumably in jolly old England, so he might be settling in for the night...

If you need to leave soon, give your proxy list to mavfan, with your order of preference, so that you can be sure you get the best player left on your list.

yea, DRC is a reach and Dorsey is sitting on your laps. We would definitely need to trade out. Even if we were giving someone good deal.

The Bengals are going to get Dorsey or Ellis now. Lucky them.

Yup :)

Looking at the Bengals, the biggest needs are in the front 7, especially on the D-line.

It was a straight choice between Dorsey and Ellis, but Dorsey's durability gave me concerns, and I don't think there's enough of a gap talent-wise to make me forget those injury worries. Ellis is going to be a fine player.

Last edited:

Done and dusted fella.

I was going to take either Ellis or Dorsey. Dorsey's injury concerns are not much of a concern to me. While he wasn't as dominating after he was chopped, he still played at a top level. Still played are the operative words. Time-off and the pro regimen will have him back in a jiffy.

He fills a desperate need in the middle for NO, is a home-town boy, and is the favorite amongst the fans. Clamorous cheering in the Superdome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back