Draft Daddy One Round Mock - 1/27/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Draft Daddy: Mock Draft

23. New England Patriots - CB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest

Smith is smart, instinctual and has professional ball skills. He's gotta be a name on that short board of theirs.
---

I had no idea. ;)

I would think if the TE from OK St. falls to 23. We would probably consider him. A.
Smith seems like the guy alot of draftniks are picking for us. We usually go away from
the public perception though. Meriweather was one of the few who many people had
going to us.

A. Smith seems like the guy alot of draftniks are picking for us. We usually go away from
the public perception though.

Smith is the third CB I've seen mocked in the past week. Still think we may trade down.

Philip Loadholt, Ziggy Hood, Fili Moala and Clay Matthews all going 1st round seems a bit of a reach. Not an effort which inspires me personally.

I think it's safe to assume that all of the highly rated CBs will get a hard look by the Pats.

I would be disappointed with Smith on draft day especially with Pettigrew sitting there, but these draft mocks don't really take into effect the team's long term situation so I'll give them a pass.

The more I look at that list the more I think Belichick just trades out of the 1st round. Except for the usual top 6-10 there really is not much difference between round 1 and round 2 this year. Even round 3 has a good amount of players with growth potential. If we franchise and keep Casell Belichick will want to minimize the cost of the draft ... deferrring picks to next year or rounds 2-4 IMO.

I'd be happy with Smith. He has potential to be a shutdown corner.

If not, keep an eye on Bradley Fletcher out of Iowa. He'll be available in the late third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots