Draft Contest Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Until this year, nobody had ever gotten 3 picks right in the PatsFans draft contest. Ever. But this time around, an incredible 8 different ballots hit the magic 3 -- all 8 with different combinations of correct picks! And 16 more posters scored 2, equaling the previous high. There were so many correct guesses I had to make an entire scoring spreadsheet.

Granted, the Pats picking 12 times gave us all a lot of chances to be right. But the upshot is that Belichick actually gave us what we were looking for this year. Time will tell if that's a good or bad thing!

Hearty congratulations to our 8 wise winners:

ArmchairQuarterback (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Mesko)
borisman (Gronkowski, Spikes, Mesko)
bucky (McCourty, Mesko, Deaderick)
Criptonite (Cunningham, Spikes, Mesko)
dryheat44 (Price, Hernandez, Larsen)
jeffbiologist (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes)
Sparky (Spikes, Mesko, Robinson)
WhiZa (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Hernandez)

(edit: added one)

Last edited:
re: Draft Contest Results: "We're So Brilliant" Edition

Not that it really matters, but I actually got 3 right as well - McCourty, Mesko, and Deaderick. I misspelled Deaderick, so that's why you probably missed it.

re: Draft Contest Results: "We're So Brilliant" Edition

Not that it really matters, but I actually got 3 right as well - McCourty, Mesko, and Deaderick. I misspelled Deaderick, so that's why you probably missed it.

Another fine lesson in the importance of spelling. :snob:

(Thanks, I'll edit you in!)

just a bump to give the many winners their due...

Nice job guys! The Patriots drafts are notoriously unpredictable; to get three is very impressive. Here is something you will not hear from anyone else: if I had entered the contest I would only have gotten one guy: Gronk.

Hey Bucky: Nice picks. How the heck did you pick McCoutry? Amazing.

Hey WhiZa: I see you have the same TE obsession as BB; you are in good company. The Patriots will have a new look this year with the TEs taking up the slack from Welker.

Last edited:
Hey Bucky: Nice picks. How the heck did you pick McCoutry? Amazing.

I saw him block a punt. I saw him block a FG and come extremely close to blocking another one. I saw him cause an amazing fumble as a gunner on the punt team. I saw him returning kicks. I saw him being extremely physical in run support. And I thought if the Pats decide to go CB, he might be the guy. Though I'm curious if they had him or Kareem Jackson rater higher.

I saw him block a punt. I saw him block a FG and come extremely close to blocking another one. I saw him cause an amazing fumble as a gunner on the punt team. I saw him returning kicks. I saw him being extremely physical in run support. And I thought if the Pats decide to go CB, he might be the guy. Though I'm curious if they had him or Kareem Jackson rater higher.

Yeah, I had more of a Kareem Jackson feeling too. But they're from the same mold: probably the 2 most physical corners in the draft, both with great work ethics and "coach on the field" reputations.

I had two right, Deaderick and Zoltan.

Two Gronk and Zoltan.

Congratulations to you sagacious draft-watchers! :rocker:

But if you think your success comes from channelling the mind of Bill Belichick, consider this.

WhiZa might be the outright winner because his joke All-Gator entry also scored 3 and the all-Brandon entry got 2/12.

Wow, impressed you had Deaderick too!

Congratulations to you sagacious draft-watchers! :rocker:

But if you think your success comes from channelling the mind of Bill Belichick, consider this.

WhiZa might be the outright winner because his joke All-Gator entry also scored 3.

Ah but the prescient WhiZa had an interesting theory that proved true because of the Urban Meyer connection and the fact that there were some quality Gators available. So it was a joke entry with a pinch of possibility.

My joke picks would have been 100% Samoan starting with the Samoan Mr Incredible Mike Iupati. Would not have been a bad draft actually.

Last edited:
Yes. It was taking an insight and turning it into a principle. A good one, as it turned out! But the fact that All-Brandon got 2 right still makes me think that 3 isn't far above pure randomness. (And All-Samoan would have been fun too.)

WOW, Congrats everyone! Sorry if I was premature grabbin the mike in the last post, who could have figured. I think you have to give the guy who guessed the all FL team as a joke honorable mention! Lastly, I know I would have had 4 with Tebow if it werent for McDaniels....my opinion was seconded by Jamie Dukes on NFL network and when that story finally comes out just remember where you heard it first, LMAO.

Hearty congratulations to our 8 wise winners:

ArmchairQuarterback (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Mesko)
borisman (Gronkowski, Spikes, Mesko)
bucky (McCourty, Mesko, Deaderick)
Criptonite (Cunningham, Spikes, Mesko)
dryheat44 (Price, Hernandez, Larsen)
jeffbiologist (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes)
Sparky (Spikes, Mesko, Robinson)
WhiZa (Gronkowski, Cunningham, Hernandez)

If you were to give a tiebreaker it would have to go to dryheat44, who had 2 guys nobody else probably had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes