PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i was a CB in highschool lol for real. Played varisty CB and WR, also kicked field goals cause nobody else could. Had 4 INTs in one game once, it made the front of USA today paper (just a small box at the top listing the top performances), so yea i was pimp.

But anyways no we havent won SB's without great CB play, in 01 and 03 i really dont think we win the SB without the stellar play of Ty Law, who was a 1st round pick BTW, and in 04 Law was out but Samuel really stepped it up.

We have crapola for CBs right now, we will get abused by any good team out there, they will just spread us out and pick us apart. OLB is not a huge priority, we have Adalius outside taking over for Colvin which is an upgrade, and Vrabel on the other side who is solid but not spectacular. He could easily be upgraded, but its not as big as an issue everyone makes it out to be. Id only draft a guy to replace Vrabel if there was a clear-cut stud in this draft, and i just dont see that.

DRC is an exceptional athlete, he has every ingredient you need to be a lockdown corner, hes got height, rangy long arms, elite hands and ball skills, world class speed, unbelievable feet and balance for a guy his size, strong and intelligent. He needs to be coached up no doubt but hes a bright kid and is passionate about football. Its would be "nuts" to pass on him when we need a #1 corner for the future.

OK, see I am the smartguy. Now let me go one step further.....you got 4 INT in a game, made the paper, but did your team with the state championship?? My bet would be NO. You didnt just get this way, you have to have realized that BB and the pats are SO SO SO much better at this that they dont let any 184# guy waste their time. He might be good, but then again he could end up being a head case like D.Hall, A.Samuel, or any other prima donnas that play that position. Give me a BIG MEAT EATER and I will beat you down every time,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes