PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr Z's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with him that San Diego lost it. I think New England caused most of their problems. But, the article did have an interesting tidbit:

"On one third quarter play, New England blitzed the Chargers out of field goal range by sending eight men. Strong safety James Sanders raced three other guys to the quarterback, got there first and collected the sack. The only time I ever saw more people on the rush was in the old Jerry Glanville Gritz Blitz days in Atlanta, when he'd send nine and leave two cornerbacks behind, each one praying to God that he'd be traded before he lost his mind.'

Dr. Z is an idiot. He'll start to summarize a game and then go off on a tangent about the summer of 1969 when a 6 foot blonde fox gave him the eye in the Subway of NYC while leaving time square. The guy must be high 24/7 like BB's son.

But, the article did have an interesting tidbit:
Yeah, that blitz was crazy. I remember saying "they'd better get there, there might not be anyone left in the defensive backfield".

My favorite

big thing was made out of some Patriots imitating Shawne Merriman's Lights Out sack dance after the game. Merriman ran down Brady for a zero-yards pursuit sack in the fourth quarter, but aside from that, he was practically invisible. Hey, pal, if you're gonna turn a spotlight on yourself, be ready for its heat as well as its light.

Dr.Z. had better be careful or LT and the brain dead Charger Fans will say that He has no class either

Poor Z predicted a Pats loss he was clueless what else in new.

Dr. Z is an idiot. He'll start to summarize a game and then go off on a tangent about the summer of 1969 when a 6 foot blonde fox gave him the eye in the Subway of NYC while leaving time square. The guy must be high 24/7 like BB's son.

Ha ha...good one! I can't say I agree on the idiot part, but there is a lot of truth to the anecdote part!

Last edited:
big thing was made out of some Patriots imitating Shawne Merriman's Lights Out sack dance after the game. Merriman ran down Brady for a zero-yards pursuit sack in the fourth quarter, but aside from that, he was practically invisible. Hey, pal, if you're gonna turn a spotlight on yourself, be ready for its heat as well as its light.
But Dr. Z you don't understand! It was Merriman's dance! It was trademarked and everything! And then Belichick went over and stomped on LT's head and called him a loser! The Patriots are so classless when they act like our roided up player and imitate his seizure dance. It's so mean!

He has a good point about the QBs playing really erratically. Manning and Brady have thrown 8 INTs between them along with 4 wins...very bizarre.

hey no need to bash Z. He has his own schtick, he's unique, and he often brings knowledge much deeper than many of his counterparts. yeah he's a little bizarre but there's room for the bizarre in this world. and i fault no one for picking SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes