PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Z's take on the best to the worst of the NFL announcing teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was perversely pleased to see that the crew I most despise, not only received 0 points from Dr. Z, and not only did he refer to them as the three stooges, but in the public poll asking which announcing crew do you dislike the least, the public agreed with me in a runaway. 51% hated Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann, and Paul MacGuire the most. They beat everyone else combined.

Apparently, we won't get to hear them next year. Boo hoo.

PromisedLand said:
I was perversely pleased to see that the crew I most despise, not only received 0 points from Dr. Z, and not only did he refer to them as the three stooges, but in the public poll asking which announcing crew do you dislike the least, the public agreed with me in a runaway. 51% hated Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann, and Paul MacGuire the most. They beat everyone else combined.

Apparently, we won't get to hear them next year. Boo hoo.

I almost get the feeling that these guys were not on your Christmas list (smile)

I agree with Mr. Z that the CBS team of Kevin Harlan and Randy Cross gets a top grade. Harlan has the perfect football pay-by-play voice and Cross is a brutally honest but fair analyst.

Cross is horrible.Simms is the best, and I love it when he and Nantz do Pats game, the only thing I agree with is Patrick, Thiesman, Mcguire is horrid...

Agree Cross is horrible, but Simms has gotten almost as bad.

Screwups are gonna happen in announcing, that's a given. But earlier this season during a Redskins game, **** Stockton called the Washington QB "Kevin" Brunell for the entire first half of the game (must have been 5 times all told). I thought it was funny that no one corrected him for all that time.

Who was the guy that kept calling Bill Belichick, "Bill Cowher", like SIX times in one game, not even bothering to correct himself half the time?

All of them are stinky...most of them are annoying.

Joe Phuck, Madden, Nancy boy, Dierdork, Balldunker...all stink.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Who was the guy that kept calling Bill Belichick, "Bill Cowher", like SIX times in one game, not even bothering to correct himself half the time?

That would be Randy Cross

Sean Pa Patriot said:
That would be Randy Cross
Thanks, that's what I thought... but couldn't be sure if it was an actual memory or just the irrational result of the disdain that I hold for the sucktitude of Cross (second to Joe Buck in my book, the worst of them all).

Last edited:
Ron Pitts and Tim Ryan, FOX - IMHO they did the best job of any team covering the Pats this year. One of those infrequent occasions when I agree with Z quaker.

I can't belive Michaels and Madden are winning the best team vote. I don't consider them any better then Harlan and Cross, and that is on par with the three voices of boredom.

I like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots