PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Z chimes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

He Ban Me

Banned
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/11/13/colts/1.html

"A quarterback who stands tall in the pocket, facing a minimal rush, throwing to an all star cast of receivers is a pretty picture, but there's nothing about it that reaches me on an emotional level. But the guy who somehow manages to pull one out when the weather is bad and his offense is banged up and the other team is smelling blood -- well, that's what it's all about, I feel."

EDIT:

Board blows up in 3...2...1....

Last edited:
It's all about 6 INT, Dr. Z.

So he likes '06 Brady better than '07 Brady?

"A quarterback who stands tall in the pocket, facing a minimal rush, throwing to an all star cast of receivers is a pretty picture, but there's nothing about it that reaches me on an emotional level. But the guy who somehow manages to pull one out when the weather is bad and his offense is banged up and the other team is smelling blood -- well, that's what it's all about, I feel."

What QB is he talking about? Because Peyton did not lead his team to victory.

What a jackass. Do you remember Bradys first year when he got b**** slapped all over the field by the dolphins? That is my favorite Brady memory. It just narrowly edges out the season opener where the bills put the wood to him. Through my rose colored glasses I envision the first play from scrimmage where Brady goes back and is engulfed by bills defenders and coughs up the ball. That is when I knew he was the real deal....

I guess Dr. Z forgot to note how much he liked Brady's performance last year in SD, throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney. I guess it wasn't a "gutsy" enough performance, though, b/c he only threw 3 picks instead of 6. I guess it was only half as great.

Except that, you know, he came up short. . . .

He didn't "pull one out". He LOST. To a .500 team that handed them one score and gave then a short field to try to win the game. Manning was down just 2 points with a whole quarter to go and didn't get it done.

The stories in this game were the Colts D playing very well, the patheticness of their special teams, the further self-destruction of Philip Rivers, and Manning throwing 6 picks.

Why in the world would anyone try and defend a qb that threw a record 6 interceptions. Kind of like defending a coach going for it on 4th down with minimal time on the clock and he has a chip shot field goal to win the game. But hey, nothing like a time out to enhance the situation when its your last one. You want emotion, how about a qb throwing a long ball with a defensive lineman holding your face mask. How about a qb beating Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh in a playoff game with a 101 degree temperature. How about a qb going the year with reserve receivers, and winning the Super Bowl. How about a qb winning a Superbowl with a lineman who was recently cut from Tampa Bay's practice squad. The difference is, one qb wins while the other one loses and has time to make more commercials. But hey, I'm not saying anything that everyone on this site already knows.

Oh my freakin' god... I can't believe it!!

I watched the game on Sunday. If it wasn't for San Diego's complete ineptitude on offense, it would have been a blowout.

It was definitely one of Manning's worst performances ever (and I'm not only talking about the interceptions). Manning's whole game plan was horrible from the start. Instead of adapting to the new personnel in the first half, he stubbornly tried to play the same Colt offense with inferior talent and it resulted in 4 INTs. In the second half, he changed things up and started taking what the defense gave him, but at that point in the game, San Diego's defense had been on the field forever because their offense couldn't string together first downs.

Manning's performance was the result of incompetence by the opponent more than grit or greatness by a QB.

This is the worst piece of sh! t column I've read in a while.

At least we know that Peyton went home clean after the game thanks to Dr. Z's ball washing.

Last edited:
It's settled. Give me the Colts at full strength in the AFCCG. Please, make it happen.

So he likes '06 Brady better than '07 Brady?

Pujo, you beat me to it!

Not to mention any earlier versions of Brady....

I mean really, I always knew that Dr. Z was an idiot, but good lord...he is now breaking into new and previously undefined areas of idiocy...

EDIT:

Board blows up in 3...2...1....

Good trolling, lots of bites...:rolleyes:

Good trolling, lots of bites...:rolleyes:
Well, it certainly shook things up a bit. pretty good for mid week nothingness. And it gave you folks an opportunity to mend your ways, but, you failed.

I wonder what his column would have looked like if Rivers hadn't flat-out dropped the ball in the end zone, recovered by Indy for a TD? I have the feeling there would have been no mention of heroism on Dr Z's part (or Mortensen). Instead they turn it into some bizzaro scenario where he 'led them back'. LMAO!

So Manning is hero because of what exactly? Not completely quitting in the 1st half? God bless him! I think he's a hero because he wasn't caguth on tape throwing AV under the bus, joining the many teammates he has done it to in the past.

Wow. No surprise here as we have already determined that Dr. Z is a Doctor of jackassology. What a complete idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes