PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Z calls out Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Dr. Z. is right.

BelichickFan said:
Well, Dr. Z. is right.

Well, one of the reasons why Brady is getting less criticism is b/c he didn't trash his team on his way out the door for the off season.

Not Dr. Z, my god. I'll never think of Tom Brady the same way. Or should I call him Dr. B.

Regards Dr. Nut

BradyisGod said:
Well, one of the reasons why Brady is getting less criticism is b/c he didn't trash his team on his way out the door for the off season.
Obviously Brady's post game performance was light years better. But he didn't play a good game. That's not trying to be disrespectful of what he's done before or what he'll do in the future. It's just a statement of fact, it wasn't a good game.

Why is Peyton Manning getting so much heat now while Tom Brady gets none? They're both terrific quarterbacks and very fine people. Each one will have my vote for the Hall of Fame when his name comes up (if I'm still around by then). And each had a bad postseason. But Manning is getting ripped and Brady has received no criticism whatsoever. Why?

Hmmm...that's an easy one. Here, let's let you answer your own question.

There's just something about Peyton's personality, I guess. Or maybe it's the idea that since Brady has been such a proven winner, an occasional slip-up can be excused.

BINGO! We got Bingo! :rolleyes:

BelichickFan said:
Obviously Brady's post game performance was light years better. But he didn't play a good game. That's not trying to be disrespectful of what he's done before or what he'll do in the future. It's just a statement of fact, it wasn't a good game.

That is right,Tom didn't have a good game.

I just have a hard time taking anyone seriously who calls himself Dr. Z

all these people have been waiting for so long to say something negative about brady and the patriots, its hardly unexpected. maybe one of the reasons the offence wasnt so great was cuz they were playing two really good defensive teams, playoff teams. i guess that must have nothing to do with it though right?

BelichickFan said:
Well, Dr. Z. is right.

Dr.Z isn't right. Plenty of people have questioned Brady and his play. Dr.Z is full of it. See, the difference between Manning and Brady is that MANNING has only won 3 play-off games his entire CAREER. Brady has won 10. That is the difference.

Also, Manning threw his teammates under the bus, blaming his O-linemen. That isn't something that Brady has done.

Dr. X is just playing dumb, that "can't win the big game" has been hanging off Paymeton's neck since college, this is nothing new.

Besides... Brady at least won ONE playoff game this year. :D

Uh, let see Dr. Z Manning's games was at home against the 6th seed, Brady played on the road against a higher seeded team. Maybe thats the difference Dr. Dumbass.

what does this Dr. Z guy know about football anyway.

1) He was very good opposite Julie Christie in the movie classic of the same name.

2) He is reportedly a very good poker player.

3) He has a very good mustache and full head of hair

I'll give him all that

Oh my god. Dr Z if a friggin idiot. Not to mention an unabashed Manning apologist and ball washer.

Brady played a bad game, if 340 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INTs (well, really only one counts) can be considered bad. It certainly was an un-Bradylike performance. His reads were a bit off, the ball was not thrown with his normal accuracy. So he had what was, for him, a less-than-average game.

So what? Brady, unlike Manning, consistently wins the big game. Brady, unlike Maning, had to carry his team all long -- at one point (I think the KC game), only 3 first stringers were available to start on offense. Brady, unlike Manning, didn't point the finger at all or part of the rest of his team in the loss.

And perhaps most importantly, Brady, unlike Manning, has not had his balls washed by every single useless pundit for the last 18 weeks. When you act like you are God's gift (Manning, not Brady), then you can expect to catch a little more heat when you screw up.

So, in conclusion: Dr Z is a friggin idiot.

Broomer said:
what does this Dr. Z guy know about football anyway.

1) He was very good opposite Julie Christie in the movie classic of the same name.

2) He is reportedly a very good poker player.

3) He has a very good mustache and full head of hair

I'll give him all that
Blood Waters of Dr. Z was a classic(if you seen the movie you know what I mean).

yup

Seymour93 said:
Why is Peyton Manning getting so much heat now while Tom Brady gets none? They're both terrific quarterbacks and very fine people. Each one will have my vote for the Hall of Fame when his name comes up (if I'm still around by then). And each had a bad postseason. But Manning is getting ripped and Brady has received no criticism whatsoever. Why?

Hmmm...that's an easy one. Here, let's let you answer your own question.

There's just something about Peyton's personality, I guess. Or maybe it's the idea that since Brady has been such a proven winner, an occasional slip-up can be excused.

BINGO! We got Bingo!

Funny how that works out--another "media buff" who outthinks himself! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought Tommy played poorly too, that said, Z points out Tommy was sacked 4 times in the first half of the Jax game, checking my game breakdown thread http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=29280 two of those sacks came after Tommy held the ball for a five mississippi count because Jax had great coverage and because Tommy was trying too hard to make a play (hello Drew). That was a coaching breakdown, hopefully something to be addressed in the off-season. I failed to time the other sacks and will have to go back and do so later.

But Z notes
With Brady, his early problems were kind of brushed aside in the Jacksonville game because it became a runaway in the second half. But the Patriots had gone through a miserable first half. Brady was 7-for-17 for minimal yardage. He'd been sacked four times. His passes were sailing and nosing, receivers were running the wrong pattern or dropping the ball. But how could you dwell on stuff like that after a 28-3 victory?
Receivers running the wrong patterns - coaching. Dropping the ball - is that Tommy's fault everytime? Tommy tried to do a Peyton this season and be an onfield head coach, carrying the offense so the offense could carry the team. Seems like he did as well as Peyton did - oh wait, do we mean as well as he did when Edge was hurt or in general when he reaches the post-season

Hi, my handle is Box_O_Rocks and I am a Pats' homer, I haven't been clean and sober for longer then I have fingers and toes. Still, my QB of choice screwed up by trying to do too much on his own, and my coach of choice screwed up by not recognizing the Manning flu pandemic and kick-starting his asst. coaches to restore order. Many pundits reported the coordinator loss would be the Pats' downfall this season, in the end, I believe it was exactly that loss that left the team unprepared. Still, it was a heck of an education for the coaching staff and next season should be smoother.

His whole article starts with an incorrect premise.

Brady has taken plenty of blame (he took it himself) for the loss Saturday night. Felger gave him an F for his performance.

Manning is getting killed for his history and for the fact that he called out others and blamed them for his poor play. This is a guy who loves to take credit for calling everything at the line (including plays and protections) and now wants to blame his linemen for being confused by what Pitt was doing. The fact is he was confused.

4 Seed Away, 3 Time Champ vs 2 Seed Home.
1 Seed Home, Lifetime Choker vs 6 Seed.
NFL's #1 Offense and shoe in for the Super Bowl vs. a team on the verge of calling Dr. Z for a workout.
Get a clue!
ps Felger in the Herald gave Brady an F (I would take that as critcism.)

that is what I sent him for a question, since he doesnt have an e-mail address listed.

And to top it off, now Simmons is now saying this wasn't a dynasty, and the Pats have probably lost their swagger for a while.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060117

Jesus. I normally like Simmons, but Christ, I'm not sure anyone really knows how hard it is to win 3 SBs in a row. Now he's writing a eulogy for the next 10 years for the pats?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back