PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr Z. Announcer Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's way too nice to Nantz who was all but openly rooting for the Colts in both the AFC title game and the SB.

Negatives: Nantz has the charm and charisma of a funeral home director. He is neither insightful nor eloquent, and does not have the vocal range to convey excitement. He calls football with his golf voice, and his understated style lacks the timbre of Pat Summerall, who could say a great deal in few words with an almost biblical voice. Sims has an abrasive personality and will never criticize a Qb because he's friends with them. Joe Buck is a chirpy nerd who thinks his sophomoric humor is funnier than it is. He is embarrassing. MNF team speaks for itself.

Positives. Aikman is eloquent, has an engaging personality, not afraid to rip people. Deirdorf still has passion for the game, and takes his job seriosuly. He has slip ups from time to time but he's a quality color man.

A sleeper team of the future is Kenny Albert, Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long. They did the Sugar Bowl for Fox and I thought it was the best broadcast team I'd heard in years. When they finally send Madden off to the glue factory they should put Long and Bradshaw in the prime time booth. They were great. Another sleeper anouncer is Dave Sims who does radio work for SNF. He's fantastic and much better than Marv Albert, whose skills and powers of observation are obviously declining.

As far as studio shows, the sooner they get Marino out of there, the better. Talk about a stuffed head. He mumbles, offers nothing insightful, seems slightly punch drunk. I always thought Qb was the most cerebral of positions, but that may not the case after watching Dandy Dan stumble through studio TV. Joe Buck is just as intolerable in the studio as in the booth. Long and Bradshaw are good, Boomer is good. I wish I could understand Shannon Sharpe better, because I actually think he has alot of humor and insight. But the timing is off, because he sounds like he always has a cold and you don;t pick up on the joke until a 10 second delay. But he pulls no punches. Other than the fact Charlie Casserly hates BB, and was a comically bad GM, he has some interesting info.

thank you!!!
we were all wondering the same exact thing

Now if I know the reason for it ... or let's say I'm pretty sure I know ... I would assume that Simms knows it, too. It centers around the manner in which New York signed a former Patriots reserve linebacker, as well as the tampering charge filed by the Patriots in the case of Deion Branch. And it's not just between the two coaches, it's an organizational thing. The first time the matter was brought up Simms tossed it off to how competitive Belichick was. The next time it was a pupil-mentor thing. I won't take this any further, but in the background I could detect the odor of rotting fish. Then there was the matter of the rush scheme the Jets used when they upset New England in Foxboro. The situation cried out for analysis. "Mixup in protection," was all we got. Uh uh, not good enough, pal.

Last edited:
TWO AND A HALF **/
Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, FOX
The first remark of Buck's that I annotated was the following: "The Jaguars need a win." This was in the Dallas game. Their record was 0-0 at the time. Gosh, this is news.

how buck is the number one play by play for baseball and football continues to amaze me
the guy is awful

well, not as awful as his partner for baseball
but thats a thread all in itself

I really enjoyed Vermeil and Jaworski vs the Raiders. I hope to see alot more in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back