Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dr. Moon, Martin Luther King III address symposium

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

NEW YORK, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Martin Luther King III, the eldest son of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., today appealed to more 400 leaders of the Universal Peace Federation gathered in New York City to make a new commitment to fulfilling the humanitarian promises of the United Nations, especially the Millennium Development Goals. The UPF, founded by Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon in 2005, is an international network of individuals and organizations dedicated to peace.

"History will judge our generation," King said, recalling the words of his father, "not by whether we did what was popular or safe, but whether we did what is right." King said that the tools of faith and non-violent action, so successful in his father's civil rights campaign, could also prove effective in reaching the UN Millennium Development Goals, which are aimed at solving the urgent problems facing the world's children, including hunger, disease and the need for education for all.

"As my father often said, the question is not whether we have the technology or the ability, but whether we have the will and the heart," King said. "I believe we can do most anything with faith."

King was joined by other experts in the field of service. Mr. Paula Sototu, the director of Habitat for Humanity in Fiji and a long time senior Fijian diplomat, said that it was not enough for the wealthy and developed nations to simply offer foreign aid as a 'hand-down" to poorer nations. "It is important to form partnerships with equal dignity for all parties," he said.

.... more:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/200709...dress_universal_peace_federation_assembly2007

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Over the years virtually all of Dr. King's family have attended events sponsored by Dr. Moon. People from all slices of the spectrum have, as a matter of fact. From Joseph Lowery, who inherited the SCLC from Dr. King, to Jerry Falwell, icon of conservative Christian evangelism.

//
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

How much did they charge?? Gotta be a profit margin somewhere??

Why post this on a political forum, this is purely a religious thread.. you continue to promote yourself and the Unification Church..
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'd like to keep this about the thread title, and not about Fog when i say:

what a turd of a thread...
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is a good thread, a very good thread. It's about political leaders from around the world -- I sent a member of parliament from Lithuania to join a number of other parliamentarians/members of Congress(es), and there are heads of state there, too. Mostly, it's about how to make a peaceful world. They are above name-calling and vile references, and that's what makes it a good conference.

//
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

unfortunately, you're not... forgive us if we don't buy your latest sermon...
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

A list of loser psychopaths...nice. None of King's family could hold a candle to the old man. Moonie, King III, Fall-well,...all lightweights compared to the old man.
    So anyways....
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's true I may not be perfect, yet, but it isn't because of what I said earlier. You and others may criticize me personally all you want -- although I do not believe that is the intention of this forum; but if you or anyone else goes after those who are leaps and bounds above you -- as you have demonstrated on this board -- then such behavior deserves sanction. In this confused and chaotic, lawless world you do not notice it, but take note that you definitely will notice it someday. Think of it as taking the "over" on the Pats going 8-8 this season.

//
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And you, sir, your contribution to the cause of peace and love for your fellow man would be exactly what, pray tell ???

//
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

I cannot understand why you want to promote the Unification Church and preach to us, most people knowledgeable about these types of things believe that it is a cult.. I do not understand why the mods let this continue.. in this country there is a freedom of religion, and I am free to choose.. your posts can best be compared to pop up ads for the Uni's.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Served in the military during peacetime...Teach my kids peace is better than war....badmout Bush and his freaky pasty-faced friends from outer space every chance I get...reject religious bullsh-t...

And you? I mean, other than spew fairytale jive from a cult leader (disclaimer: all religions are cults) and dodge military service and pontificate from a neutral, disinterested EU Baltic state....What have you done?

While we're at it, please explain to the class what your "friends" King, Lowery and Fall-well have done to promote anything other than themselves? The fact that you use MLK in the same breath as these pretenders is insulting to his memory enough. Why not compare them to that commie bastid Ghandi?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Why ask that question as any response will generate an opportunity to pontificate about the Uni's?? You are so predictable it is unbelievable, this is not Vilnius and we are not on a streetcorner looking for your "blessings".
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The "fairytale jive" you are so quick to dismiss has attracted people like peace-maker Anwar Sadat's daughter, Nobel Prize Laureates like Eugene Wigner, leading professors like Morton Kaplan, courageous historical figures like Lech Walensa and Mikhail Gorbachev, political leaders from both sides of the aisle and all over the spectrum. I may be on the more "conservative" side of things, but there are many who adhere to the more "liberal" viewpoint who have found value in Dr. Moon's teachings and life work. Somehow we all get along fine because the goal of lasting world peace is greater than any one person's, group's, or nation's perspective. I would urge circumspection before making hasty judgments about people you really do not know.

Check into the Universal Peace Federation and the initiatives it has created, and see for yourself.

http://upf.org/

http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/peaceday/global.htm

The Universal Peace Federation is the one organization in the entire world which has been advocating the creation of a higher chamber in the United Nations, one that would include religious leaders from all the religions of the world; this is especially needed in today's climate where religiously-based conflicts are so prevalent, one of the leading causes of tensions between peoples.

//
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Great....so anyways....
    What have you done for peace, again? I mean, besides cheerleading the Iraq occupation from the sidelines on the beautiful Baltic shore while American kids get their legs blown off and their brains filled with shrapnel and Iraqi kids live in 1930's conditions in fear for their lives. I'm sure they'd be interested in the Moon Unit's preaching...as long as he gives them some food and a safe neighborhood.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'd be very happy to answer your question but something tells me -- gee, I don't know what it is ... hm-m... -- that no matter what anybody said to you about the Universal Peace Federation you would find a way to turn it into an emotional rant.

There is a world of difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism, and so far all I've seen out of you is the latter. You demand your "enemy" offer his head on a platter to you, and that is just plain wrong; it's not going to happen, because *you* are surely not the great sinless knight in shining armor you would like to think you are.

//
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Far Left Wing Liberals never ever want to hear that ML King had anything to do with religion even though he was a Minister Of A Baptist church himself, you see it's like this, the Far Left Wing Hates Jesus and his father God but they love to show how politically correct they are by gushing and fawning all over anything that M King was involved in, this situation really messes their nasty little "Anti Jesus" minds up.

ML King always prayed to Jesus in his speeches, liberals don't like Jesus lol, lol, what a spot to be in, how do they attack the messenger on this one, the Messenger Was Dr King himself, they can't Trash King :singing: :singing:
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Why do you bring up sin in a political forum?? Do you sin is a better question, or are you exempt from that as well?? To attack someone as you do might be viewed by some as sinful.

The Universal Peach Federation is just another front(filter) for cash going to daddy moon. Sounds good on paper, but looks better from the bottom line. Kind of like mo money, mo money, mo money...
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sounds like somebody is Bogarting your meds, again.

Hey, somebody send this guy some heavy tranquilizers before he hurts himself!!!

//
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's funny.... i'm a liberal, and i don't hate Jesus... hear that sound? it's yet another of your pathetic, insane ramblings swirling down the toilet...
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't hate Jesus, either. I like him a lot.

I like lots of spiritual people. Ghandi, MLK, the Dali Llama, my mom, Alice Cooper, etc. I like by the Golden Rule as much as I can. I just don't want to be made to sound like any worse of a sinner than anyone else just because I believe in science.