PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. David Chao: Earl Thomas will need a shoulder harness to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"No doubt that Seahawks' safety Earl Thomas will play in Super Bowl 49, but there is also no doubt that Seattle’s defensive lynch pin will need a shoulder harness and alter his game to do so. Also look for an announcement of surgery sometime after the big game."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Monday-Morning-MD-3057.html

so i see this guy cited a lot for injuries and recoveries. any idea how accurate he is? i believe he also said stork should be ready for sb

Part of me wants to beat them at their best but I'll take any win, injuries or no injuries.

Kind of wish Browner didn't say what he did yesterday. Might give Seattle justification in their minds to go low on Gronk.

He better hope the other 10 guys can take care of Blount, because it sounds like he's in no shape to attempt a tackle somebody that big.

Part of me wants to beat them at their best but I'll take any win, injuries or no injuries.

Kind of wish Browner didn't say what he did yesterday. Might give Seattle justification in their minds to go low on Gronk.
I think we should try to get physical and rough those guys up. See how much they can take and how effective they will be. Gotta test these guys out when they are playing injured.

Get #29 rolling downhill and sent him right at Thomas.

so i see this guy cited a lot for injuries and recoveries. any idea how accurate he is? i believe he also said stork should be ready for sb

Good question. He was the Chargers team physician but he has a pretty dicey history.

The best case scenario for the Patriots is if he and Sherman start and can't make it through the game. The Seahawks will have lost either their defensive MVP (Thomas III) or their energy guy (2nd best CB in the league), that could be tough to overcome.

I don't care about playing them at their best. When's the last time the Pats played a Super Bowl at their best? Hope the Pats make sure Thomas has to tackle Blount/Gronk many times.

It sounds like the shoulder being so unstable as it is abducted further from the joint will make it hard for Thomas to defend and intercept passes.

It will be interesting to see if the Patriots offense tests the health of Thomas's shoulder early via the pass or run or a mixture of both...

Ugh why is it only Tuesday? I'm keep so ****ing hyped for this.

The injuries to Thomas and Sherman have gotten lost in all of these Gate stories and could have a huge outcome on the game. Even with the time off between the NFC game and the SuperBowl won't mean those two are even close to 100%

He makes 1 big hit and it's going to hurt....a lot

You think they otherwise wouldn't go low on Gronk? I take it for granted they'll be nasty.

You think they otherwise wouldn't go low on Gronk? I take it for granted they'll be nasty.

Oh I expect them too, even before Browner's comment. But this might give them an out in many peoples eyes if they do target Gronk or anyone else for that matter. Can see them saying , Hey the Patriots started it by calling for our guys to be targeted.

Who the hell knows. All speculation at this point :)

Earl Thomas is a tough dude. Richard Sherman does all the talking to the media but Earl Thomas is an old soul and very much an old school NFL player. I think he will play the entire game and play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes