PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

D'Qwell Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
What are your thought's on this guy? Could he fall to our 2nd pick. Is he a good Inside LB? Could he maybe see significant time by mid-season? If he is a solid guy and we could grab him would it be worth a minor move to do so. Free 21 up to grab the highest Pat's rank WR. Moving Vrable back outside.
Wr is concerning me and I think well pick one up after june cuts, but we need to address this early to get the best quality we can.
I could see BB/SP pulling this off with so many people talking LB which I love the Idea but there is still the big glaring need at WR, perhaps bigger than LB.

ice said:
What are your thought's on this guy? Could he fall to our 2nd pick. Is he a good Inside LB? Could he maybe see significant time by mid-season? If he is a solid guy and we could grab him would it be worth a minor move to do so. Free 21 up to grab the highest Pat's rank WR. Moving Vrable back outside.
Using a draft pick to pick a particular position just because it's your biggest need IMO is not good strategy. There are really only two 1st round WRs in this draft, and they'll likely both be gone before we pick. Using the pick on a WR just because that may be our biggest need doesn't really make sense. We're better off taking a WR in the 3rd or 4th round, rather than massively reaching for one in the first.

I could see BB/SP pulling this off with so many people talking LB which I love the Idea but there is still the big glaring need at WR, perhaps bigger than LB.
But the draft has MUCH more and better talent at LB than at WR. Just because we WANT a WR, that doesn't mean there will magically be talent at WR there when we pick. ;)

My thoughts? D'Qwell Jackson is a tank, and the Pats would be lucky to have him...

He's about 6'0" 235. Kind of small for a tank. He might have a hard time in a 3/4 defense.

mcbee said:
He's about 6'0" 235. Kind of small for a tank. He might have a hard time in a 3/4 defense.

Yep. Strikes me as an Urlacher or Ray Lewis type...a middle linebacker who needs to be protected by the fat-asses in the 4-3.

mcbee said:

He played in a 3-4 defense at Maryland. Again, the Pats would be lucky to have him...

He would be a fabulous pick in round two

trade up if necessary. Watched him at Maryland and he has been a player since his freshman year.

Really? I like Abdul Hodge a LOT better.

mavfan2390 said:
Really? I like Abdul Hodge a LOT better.

Ditto. Right down to the capitalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back