Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dozens Arrested At Miami High School Brawl

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 29, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/438888.html

Within hours of Friday's lunch-hour melee in a courtyard at Miami Edison Senior High, community unhappiness with how police and school officials reacted was beginning to surface.

The disturbance followed a sit-in demonstration held during the school's first lunch block about 11:30 a.m., schools spokesman Quintin Taylor said. They were protesting the treatment of an Edison senior who was arrested at school Thursday.

At least 10 officers were treated at the scene for minor injuries, said Miami fire rescue spokesman Lt. Ignatius Carroll. Six to seven students were also treated on site for minor injuries and respiratory problems, ''but the numbers seem to be growing,'' he said.
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

OK... and?

Is there a larger assertion here that's trying to be made?
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

not one that I'm making... All I did was post a news article in here... I believe mine was the 12th such article posted in here today... Is there any reason you responded as you did to this particular article but not any of the other 11..?
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You still don't get it, Ob-ster: if it ain't about bashing Bush, or the effort in Iraq, or the age of McCain (discount his service on the front line for his nation; Hillary and Barack were workin' hard at the governor's mansion and at Baskin-Robbins) -- well if it ain't about bashing Repubs, then it just ain't post-worthy, according to some on this list.

:rolleyes:

//
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well, I know where you and I stand regarding your other posts. In this one, you weren't particularly clear what you were getting at.

A high school clash with police. OK. What's political about it?
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sorta like how when you don't have a spin to put on an undeniable exposure of Bush League lies, you also don't bother to respond. We understand.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Usually if you place an article on her it is done in a political context, that is all do not read too much into this..
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This forum often discusses current events... It never seems to bother you when other people start such threads... I wonder why you have singled mine out...

Also, someone keeps marking every single thread I start as "terrible"... That's awfully close to a personal attack, don't you think?
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

See my post of earlier today to NEM. If there's no defense of some wrong doing, I'm not going to waste my time trying to defend it. On the other hand if there is merit to speaking in opposition, I will. Duh.

Point is: trolling posts started to produce a new round of "spin cycle" for the sole purpose of attacking one's chosen bogey-man is childish, sometimes best illustrated as childish by mimicry.

//
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

No Comment
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... and the number of threads started on this list which address Geo Bush or the Repubs would "not" be "political"????

I don't think so.

//
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Wait, utilizing a forum feature by labelling your POST terrible is now construed as a personal attack???? Wow. Is that a form of entrapment of some sort? How convenient.

That's a real stretch, Obi. You acting indignant and hoping you've been "insulted."

Anyhow, I never indicated this thread "bothered" me. Why are you acting so defensive about another poster asking if you had a broader statement here? Just say "no, i didn't" and that will be that.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now now... I'm just asking you your opinion on the matter... Personally, I think that labelling every single thread someone starts as "terrible" is pretty close to a personal attack... It's certainly a lot closer to a "treaty violation" than me responding to a post from HD and calling him various names but somehow you interpreting that as a personal attack against you...
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You're exaggerating again. I don't one-star all of your posts. Far from it. Just the ones that truly are terrible that I bothered to open.

Go down the list. You'll notice several of your threads unmarked. More than those that are marked.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good idea..!! Let's go down the list... now, of course, we can't include threads of mine that have been closed or moved. Once they are moved, they can't be rated...

So, going down the list, I see that 8 of the last 10 threads I have started have been given a 1-star vote. (And that doesn't include 2 threads of mine that were moved into another thread labelled "terrible"... Presumably had those 2 threads remained open they would have received the same mark).

Now that may not be "all of them" but 80% is certainly is a significant majority, wouldn't you agree..?
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I went back and had a 7-6 count, before I got bored and couldn't remember if I even voted in them. Even those seven of 13, only 5 of them received a one-star rating from me. Regardless, your words were "every single one of my threads". Trust me, I don't bother with very many of them.

And your "Global cooling" threads? They count as one terrible rating as a whole. :)