PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Download playbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet!!! Thanks for posting this link.

Although I wonder how the hell these got out?

Last edited:
very cool...

fascinating stuff...

Last edited:
It is great stuff. One of our members downloaded the Pats playbook before this season - it was fun seeing if we could find the play (or some derivation of them) in the old playbook.

Dummy audible - "Disco"

THE INFAMOUS "OMAHA"...Hurry The Frig Up.

the playbook market

AStack75 said:
Sweet!!! Thanks for posting this link.

Although I wonder how the hell these got out?
30 years ago the patriots got rid of a player named brian holloway. he made a big deal of flying to oakland and presenting the playbook to al davis.

several coaches pointed that i's common for playbooks to be floating around. one guy, myabe ron meyer, showed the reporter a Chargers playbook, offense, & 2 dolphins playbooks. all playbooks from earlier years.
he said coaches look for ideas they can use themselves, not for any strategic advantage. the books, even for a current year, have not much advantage.
remember they all can see every play every team has run already, on dvd. all the plays are catalogued. if you want to see all the sweeps the steelers have run this year, an intern puts that together for you in about an hour.

F.B.N. said:
THE INFAMOUS "OMAHA"...Hurry The Frig Up.

We finally know what that means! Will it change now? :D

The Patriots wont be happy about this getting out. They have squashed this in the past (last year someone offered a copy of the playbook on another board and was promptly served a cease and desist order by the Patriots legal counsel. Oh well, too late now!

Last edited:
Gonna give this to my son. He played p.w. last year, plays in H.S. next. He'll get to see what a pro playbook looks like.

Worth looking at the 1997 Jets defense too (Belichick) ... advice to d-backs is "by all means never worry about a past mistake. It is history, and the next play is a new game". How Belichick is that?!

I need to remember to not call the players stupid any more. I can't imagine having to learn all that and react to it in a moment or to a defensive adjustment I didn't expect.

ilduce06410 said:
several coaches pointed that i's common for playbooks to be floating around. one guy, myabe ron meyer, showed the reporter a Chargers playbook, offense, & 2 dolphins playbooks. all playbooks from earlier years.
he said coaches look for ideas they can use themselves, not for any strategic advantage. the books, even for a current year, have not much advantage.

Unless of course the old coach leaves and the new coach doesn't change the offensive audibles and the teams meet in the Super Bowl. Ask Gruden if there was any advantage.............

oh, sorry, forgot that

Patsfanin Philly said:
Unless of course the old coach leaves and the new coach doesn't change the offensive audibles and the teams meet in the Super Bowl. Ask Gruden if there was any advantage.............
gruden would the perfoect coach to ask. there a few ex-patriots coaches, too, like sam gash (jets RB coach), john hufnagel (da jiints)., allen lowry (titans). surely the patriots have them followed to ensure that the playbook doesnt get away.

Didn't the Broncos say they were tipped off by something they saw on the Pats Offensive line??

fgssand said:
Didn't the Broncos say they were tipped off by something they saw on the Pats Offensive line??

interesting.....

fgssand said:

Yeah....what was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing