PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dowling returns to practice Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling him Glass-I is not fair. He is a gazelle as was Moss. He is on the team to cover tall receivers not slam into fullback or take on guards.

I don't know why, but I could never hate the Bills. I always kind of respected them. They play good tough football and their fans aren't a bunch of whine ass "Patriots cheated" dinks. I have Sunday ticket and have watched the Bills the first 2 weeks. I think it will be a close game. If the Pats stop Fred Jackson, then they could win by 10+. If not, it could be a long day for NE. We shall see.

Anyone who buys season tickets to go to those games must be pretty hard core terrible weather and for the most part a bad team. I usually root for the bills on the side when pats have a big enough division lead. Those sick new uniforms could be the start of a winning tradition in buffalo again perhaps? Worked for the patriots and rays.

I'm no troll. Just poking fun. Just signed up here to see what some of you guys were talking about. Seems like you guys aren't too worried about the Bills and I just wanted to let you know you might be in for a surprise...

You haven't read very much in this forum then.

I for one am expecting a huge game from the Bills- frankly it will be your superbowl and it should be. What I sense is that the Bills know that while they're 2-0, they won't be taken seriously until they are out of the shadow of the Pats.

Add to the fact that you guys finally have a warm weather game (as opposed to a home game against us that's usually played late in the season). So I am expecting a full and roaring stadium (and so is BB, who has been playing Dr. DRE).

Will the Bills win? I'm more nervous about them than I was about the Chargers. They'll absolutely bring the energy and determination.

But will they handle our wide array of formations, motions, and shifts; but especially the speed at which our offense moves now (unless you guys are into faking injuries)? I'm not so sure about that. Your #1 corner is out, and his replacement sucks at man coverage.Your SS is slow and Oakland ran underneath all day long to take advantage of that; Guess what? We live eat and breath underneath routes, especially the cross, stack, and smash.

However your spread offense is perfect for exploiting our weak safety play and support as it is now, so if Fitz has a lights out day, he gives your team a real chance to win, however while he read coverage decently vs. Oakland (did a good job calling the blitz coverage), he will get a few wicked curveballs from us come Sunday.. Oakland we are not. He will have to be perfect to get the W. He may be.. he may not.. we'll see.

I expect nothing less than a great game.

I'm no troll. Just poking fun. Just signed up here to see what some of you guys were talking about. Seems like you guys aren't too worried about the Bills and I just wanted to let you know you might be in for a surprise...

I'm curious: when you say "you guys aren't too worried about the Bills", where did you get that impression?

I'm curious: when you say "you guys aren't too worried about the Bills", where did you get that impression?

I was wondering the same thing.

I always expect a tough divisional game on the road, and BUF has the weapons to exploit some weaknesses/injuries.

Fred Jackson is one of the most underrated RB's in the NFL, if not THE most underrated. He is incredible at what he does, and always plays tough against the Pats.

I've always thought that Fitzpatrick was a decent QB, and would have made a lot more noise had he been on a different team. He's smart, and has a big arm. I think he's easily the 2nd best QB in the division.

I was wondering the same thing.

I've always thought that Fitzpatrick was a decent QB, and would have made a lot more noise had he been on a different team. He's smart, and has a big arm. I think he's easily the 2nd best QB in the division.

Uh oh ..The Jet trolls won't like that....Sanchise is the Bestest ! ;)

Calling him Glass-I is not fair. He is a gazelle as was Moss. He is on the team to cover tall receivers not slam into fullback or take on guards.

I made a glass joke to be ironical, but I think the made of glass references are unfair.

But you are wrong about the guy. He has been very physical from what we have seen thus far. He is constantly jamming big and physical WRs on the line of scrimmage. He plays like a safety in his physicalness. That might be why he has gotten injured a bit in his career.

Guess he is just a troll who promptly disappeared. They have already made their impression - in this case 'you don't respect us' - irrespective of the reality and keep hammering away from that viewpoint.

Ras I Dowling is a Bills troll? What happened?

FYI -- Per a S.M. Young tweet, Dowling's injury is to his hip, which would presuably make it separate from the TC hamstring pull.

FYI -- Per a S.M. Young tweet, Dowling's injury is to his hip, which would presuably make it separate from the TC hamstring pull.

And the glass cracks in another place......... ;)

And the glass cracks in another place......... ;)

Seriously, I've been trying to decide whether "new injury" is good or bad news!

On one hand, you hate to see hamstring problems become chronic. On the other hand, he's now suffered injuries over the past few years to just about every point on his legs! So much talent, IF he can stay on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots