PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dowling Injury Woes Continue, Fletcher Remains Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry..... I'm just tired of the "racist" stuff being tossed around as a way to silence critics. Now, if you'd gone with "raciss", I'd have understood that you weren't serious.

Duly noted. I'll express my sass more clearly in the future.

Tell the other 52 players of the Patriots I said "yo."

Because I'm the first fan in history to ever refer to the team he/she follows as "his/her" team. You've caught me.

It was more so the combination of that plus the intense thinking that made me do it. Sorry.

The thing you Patriot honks don't get and its in another thread. Is with Bill's drafting its not an aberration its a trend. Get him out of the 1st round and he misses all the time.

Gronkowski, Spikes, Hernandez and Mesko from just the 2010 draft say hello, Carolyn.

Bill has been living off the fruits of picking Brady in the sixth round for a decade now. Brady has made dozens of bad picks seem insignificant due to him being one of the two best QB's ever to play. My frustration is that without one more ring he can never be considered the best. Bill in my opinion has squandered possible championship seasons due to poor personnel decisions. Its time to recognize that Bill is a great coach, maybe the best gameday gameplanner ever, but a crappy personnel guy.
Let me brace mysely for the blind mice barrage.

So how did this "one man" team do in 2008?

Dear Lord, the crap some people post!

You'd think they were talking about the Indianapolis Colts or something.

This is the negative fallout from the Red Sox tanking and their pink hat refugees discovering football.

Last edited:
For the last several years the pundits have gushed how the Pats own the draft, and we are always in the best shape of all teams. Let me ask all the Pats fans, where is all the drafted talent on defense? Even on offense, with the exception of the tight ends? Do we have an Ed Reed, Woodson, D Ware, Ray Lewis? Loads of high draft picks, some good players, zero game changing impact players.. Intelligent responses welcome.

It's a team game.

The 4 players you mentioned have a grand total of 2 SB rings combined....... 1 in the last DECADE.

Belichick has more than all of them on one hand.

Go watch your ESPN highlights, kid.

Last edited:
Just because a particular player doesn't own a Super Bowl ring doesn't mean he couldn't make our team better.

This is the negative fallout from the Red Sox tanking and their pink hat refugees discovering football.

It's a pervasive New England entitlement I'm sorry to say. It's the same reason you've got people "calling out" the Stanley Cup Champion Bruins (SC Champions for the first time in nearly 40 years, mind you), for having the audacity to start 3-5 in an 82 game season.

Just because a particular player doesn't own a Super Bowl ring doesn't mean he couldn't make our team better.

......and just because a team can draft 2-3 outstanding players at 2-3 positions doesn't make them a complete team.

Winning records don't lie.

It takes 53 players - - - just ask Bill Polian.

Last edited:
Reed/Woodson/Lewis..... all old players so, if you're talking about living off of Brady, you can't use them in your argument.

P.S. Mayo > Lewis, Wilfork = game's best NT

Hope that helps

lol what, Lewis > Mayo even at age 36.

Ras-I is a disappointment until he starts seeing the field. The knock on him were injury concerns and he's done nothing to dispel that. He practiced (limited) yesterday so hopefully this is just the Pats giving him some time off and he'll practice again tomorrow.

He looked good against Miami and was starting ahead of Bodden so obviously he has some talent. Now if only he could see the field...

I think Dowling was put together using scotch tape and chewing gum.

One guy is a star, one guy is a benchwarmer. Also if they took Murray they would not have to have drafted Ridley.

The thing you Patriot honks don't get and its in another thread. Is with Bill's drafting its not an aberration its a trend. Get him out of the 1st round and he misses all the time. He's better with undrafted players than with drafted players. Tate over Wallace is another example. Tate had an ACL injury in college. But yet they took him anyway.

Are you serious? You're calling Murray a star? He has had 1 good game, against St Louis, before that he was averaging 3.2 yds a carry.

They took a 3rd round flyer on Tate, who many thought was a first round talent. Every now and again that works out (see Gronk)

Wait, why am I responding to this troll? :trolls:

Damnit Dowling injury pisses me off...not just for the fact that everybody labeled him injury prone...it's the fact that he looks like he could actually be a big contributor on the field.

Did y'all like what you saw from Dowling when he did play? I certainly did - he will be back at some point and will continue to contribute. No need for the excessive hand wringing...

Since when does missing 1 practice after making others during the week mean anything???? He didn't practice today and you figure he will be out Sunday?

Last edited:
Predictable pathetic responses. Not one of the responses by the Deus, Bauer and the other fanboys could refute my points. You guys make me laugh. You're just fanboys, maybe this website should be split up between people who ONLY want to say happy things and those intelligent fans who want to be objective. There isn't an ounce of objectivity from a majority of dissenting posts. You throw out insults like school yard children.

And who brought up the 2010 draft??? We're not talking about the 2010 draft. It was a great draft, ON OFFENSE. Plus, you don't debate a topic by bringing up another topic.

Last 3 drafts - We had the four 2nd round picks draft, ok at best that draft was average, I guess you could say a trade turned into Gronk, but if they wanted Gronk they could have found a way to get him.

Two years ago great picks, solid draft, all on Offense. McCourty looked good, but he has been statistically the worst corner in the NFL this year. That being said, I think he turns it around.

This year, Solder, Stupid trade, Injured player, two running backs who might be good, we'll see.

Bill made a decision in the best defensive draft in years, and that is proving out btw, to spend his draft capital on Dowling. It's been a bust. What is the only flaw on this team. Pass defense.

Watt, Fairley, Kerrigan, Liuget, Clayborn, Taylor, Heyward, Reed, Sheard, Ayers, all more impactful than No pick and Dowling.

The run to the Super Bowl begins now, as of right now this pick looks horrendous. If they win the Super Bowl and the Defense picks up, Bill cements himself as a great evaluator and coach. But for 4 years now he has been struggling trying to put together a middle of the road defense.

So DEUS...it has nothing to do with where they draft, it has to do with WHO they draft, and guys they draft on defense has not played up to or fit the system. Dowling however, just can't get on the damn field. To defend that is ignorant and stupid. You can't win the Dowling argument, he has been a HORRIFIC disappointment. It doesn't matter if he's healthy in 2012, they need him this season. So come to the table with facts not stupid crap, about trolls etc.

......and just because a team can draft 2-3 outstanding players at 2-3 positions doesn't make them a complete team.

Winning records don't lie.

It takes 53 players - - - just ask Bill Polian.

Tell that to the 1990s Cowboys. Ok maybe it was more like they drafted 4-5 outstanding players, but still. All elite teams have a few elite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back