Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dow 7,000 Likely 'Sometime Next Year'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Oct 8, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +602 / 16 / -15

#24 Jersey

So now the stock market matters ? When it's going up you guys always say that the stock market is for the rich and is irrelevant to get lower middle class guy you care so much about. But now . . . it's important.

Newsflash - what happens in 12 months in the stock market DOESN'T MATTER. Invest for the LONG TERM and if you need the money, DON'T INVEST.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

At least Roubini isn't talking "Depression" in that video! However, if we have a recession that drives the Dow to 7,000, then we know it will be severe.

Regarding your link to the Ron Paul site, I can't stand it. The articles are too long and they use an almost invisible text that is tough to read. They need to re-think their format if they want people to read their posts.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's a headline to play political football with. It's down right now so Wes is all over it. When it eventually goes back up he'll not notice enough to let us know. Ironically, he calls himself a the messenger.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Guys...HELLO??:confused:

The significance of the issues people like Wes and I post on the stock market is the HISTORICAL CONTEXT of what is happening.

Whether you believe it or not, like it or not....

WE ARE IN THE BEGINNING OF A HISTORICAL EVENT...capiche?

Take a look around you with your eyes wide open (not shut) and see all the pieces of our economy and the worlds' economy falling apart. This is not "just another recession", this will go down in history. it will be in stories we tell our children and grandchildren about.

If you think this is gonna just turn around by next July, you don't have a clue. We're in this for the long-haul.

So pardon us for posting threads on a huge point in history.:rolleyes:

6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

BF and SB are the part of the neocon sheeple here who continue to put their hands over their eyes and refuse to see reality. They will say the market will be okay next year, but won't put their money where their mouth is.

Be careful, your comment to them may cause The Gang to start spitting negative reputation points at you, like they've done to over a half dozen other posters here.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +602 / 16 / -15

#24 Jersey

I'm not sure I have said the market will be okay next year. I have consistently said that if you aren't in it for the long term (which means 10+ years, not 10+ months) then you shouldn't be in it.

And, yes, I do put my money where my mouth is. My 401K is fully invested and I add to my stock mutual funds when I can. I may lose next week, next month, next year. But when I retire in 15 years I am confident I'll be pleased with my decision.

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

See my "historical significance" post above.

no one here is talking about 401k's or portfolio's BF...we are discussing a hugely historical event. Once in a lifetime type stuff.

9. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

ya we'll look back and say... where did all those billions go????

this isn't about foreign aid, trade deficits. this is about wealthy elite electronically looting the United States govt(the people's money) of enormous dollar numbers. this wealth is overseas now.

this is essentially amounts to treason as the politicians are in bed with the corporations.

TREASON I tell you and people will only go to jail when the people wake up in masses and make a voice.

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I have repeatedly stated on this board that the day we become,

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC.

...is the day we should all take up arms and unite. If our government and more importantly, our citizens now believe this nation is all about money, we have fallen like the great Roman Empire...we're done.

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +731 / 11 / -7

You better watch talk like that, unless you want those guys from Securiaâ„¢ (formerly "DHS") putting you on a list ;)

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

PFiV, I've always been a bit of a rebel and I would LOVE for a bunch of guys to knock on my door to question me. I'd laugh my arse off in their faces.

Someone once told me if you say the words "Bomb, president and Bin Laden" on the phone, it will automatically kick in to homeland security. So I used to say all 3 in the middle of conversations with people. When they'd ask me what I was talking about, I'd explain it. Of course they were probably shaking their heads on the other end...but that's just the way I am.

If people want to intrude on my privacy, I'm going to flip them the bird in every manner possible and smile while I'm doing it.

13. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We are now 1000 points away from a 50% loss in market value in a year...

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

And some "analysts" are STILL saying this is a mild recession that could start picking up by next spring! Are you effing kidding me? Why do people lie like that? If we look at all that is wrong with our economic system, it is impossible for things to turn around by this spring.

That was from a writer on CNNMoney.com I mean do they actually hire stupid people or do they feel it's their job to boost moral (which it is NOT)? There only job is to report the truth.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  15. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Today is actually the 1 year anniversary of the Peak of the Market at 14100...

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +602 / 16 / -15

#24 Jersey

Not to nitpick but that means we're 2000 points, not 1,000, from a 50% loss as we're around 9K right now.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I think all that really matters is the economy, not the stock market. And things are pretty scary. All I know is you & I lost the contest:mad:

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Holy Sh1t...I just saw the Dow at 8930. It appears that there's more panic than most experts realize. No matter what the government announces, it seems to just keep selling off.:confused:

It'll be interesting to see where we end up at the end of the day.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +602 / 16 / -15

#24 Jersey

I lost by a couple thousand points soon. For now, the stock market is actually way worse off than the economy (not that the latter is good), I guess we'll see if the economy "catches up" to the stock market.

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Hey, you're the one who pointed it's a leading indicator.

I have to be honest and say I'm more concerned than I've ever been. I thought things would get bad, but not this fast and this quickly.