Welcome to PatsFans.com

DOW 06/29 Tanking.............

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Jun 29, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^DJI

Doesn't look good - no wonder why the elite has put war with Iran on the frontburner...

FYI - July 4th is coming up soon...

FEMA's X-File: Emergency Public Affairs are "Not for the Outside World"

The information about the true identity of Fema (Federal Emergency Management Agency) is discussed on the big screen of Hollywood during the dialog in the dark alleyway between Mulder and Kurtzweil. In addition to the Fema information, Alvin Kurtzweil reveals the coverup of a plague that could be used for a biological war, the silent weapon that can systematic release of an indiscriminate organism, and the men that could bring it on has no cure, but working on one. The dialog continues, they have been working on this for fifty years during the distraction of the cold war, but the world leaders are negotiating a planned “Armageddon”. Then Kurtzweil says, it will happen on a holiday and the government will declare a state of emergency when all power is transferred to Fema—the secret government.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

The Dow is tanking....

"Gee, maybe PR was right all along....":cool:
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Too bad you were saying that a year ago when the Dow was at 8000.
  4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

You're amazing at picking up on my posts shmessy and I love you for it!

months ago when the Dow was steaming along, I said there was no way it could be sustained as the real economic conditions weren't truly improving. I wrote that it was an illusion and that we'd see a downturn very soon.

Now we're seeing it. You know I wrote that and you now know I was right. Please, I'm begging you to challenge me on this one!:p
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I remember it. We were discussing what some of us felt was a Bull market, and the possibility of a future double dip.
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Real World....

My Man!

I'm glad you're here RW. Like "some" here, I could go digging for my old posts to prove my point. But I prefer NOT to be like those people if you get my drift.
  7. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's down almost 100 pts today with 10 minutes to go. Not looking good this week or the near future...

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI+Interactive#chart1:symbol=^dji;range=1d;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Well, I'm home sick today. There's nothing like having a cold in the heart of summer. We discussed the market extensively. There were a bunch of us who felt like it was a bubble, that would eventually burst. I might be wrong, but I think you talked about store to store sales, pointing at how earnings/profits were ok cuz stores were depleting their inventory, and how once that was over, the lack of demand would bring the market back down to earth.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

For a sick man, your memory works great. Hope you get well soon.

To me, summer colds are the worst. We expect them in the winter, but not the summer.
  10. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,791 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

I remember it.
  11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

I agree with you regarding the correlation (long-term) between economic fundamentals and the market. Right now, we are seeing a plateauing (not a downturn) in the majority of the economic indicators from the upswings earlier . I'll reserve my judgement until more facts are in - - I know that is a revolutionary thought around here.

And, yes, you DID say the same thing at Dow 8000......so a broken clock is right twice per day.
  12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

What exactly did I say about the Dow being at 8000? We're discussing 2 separate trends. But if you actually had the time to re-read all my comments/observations regarding the "True" economic conditions, you'd be hard-pressed to find many posts where I was wrong.

i.e.
    -The real unemployment rate

-How the first time home-buyer's credit wouldn't stop real estate from finding it's natural bottom

-How the gov'ts consumer spending model is brutally flawed

-Why the market's recent run-up could not be sustained and was based purely upon hope & speculation

You know it and I know it and that's good enough for me.

Here's another tid-bit for you....

We won't see another real sustained bull market for at least another 3-5 years.

Why? The economy has nothing to gain traction over. The gov't can not (no matter what) create any more bubbles and there is no more credit for consumers. We have entered a new age of frugality that will last at least a generation.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  13. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Oh, I don't know......maybe just a perfunctory perusal of your previous predictions show them for what they are - - useless, just like anyone else's:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...fooled-stock-market-advances.html#post1392208

May 26, 2009: "The economy is not doing any better than it was in early 2009. All leading indicators point to stagnation and further erosion of the work force. In my opinion, the markets will go into another tail-spin this summer & fall...just my own opinion." (2009 was the best summer/fall for the US stock markets since the '90's)

May 27, 2009: "......It is also my opinion that we'll see another dip in our market indexes between now and the end of 2009......." (From 5/27/09-12/31/09, Dow 30 = +27.4%, S+P500 +26.1% , NASDAQ = +28.5%)

Why do you even waste your time throwing out these earnest predictions about the stock market? I certainly hope you don't act on them ;)
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

WOW!! Really strange you didn't comment on a single item on my list. I always thought we were SUPPOSED to respond directly to another poster's comments....as in "ALL OF THEM". I guess maybe you're different, I dunno. :confused2:

I've written hundreds of posts regarding our economy and you come up with 2 example in a feeble "attempt" to show I tend to babble? I could come up with many posts that were right.

As a matter of fact shmessy!!!!!

Even the post you quoted me on above was correct!! You know, the one that said,

"The economy is not doing any better than it was in early 2009. All leading indicators point to stagnation and further erosion of the work force. In my opinion, the markets will go into another tail-spin this summer & fall...just my own opinion."

The FACT is, I was right about the condition of the economy and I guarantee you can't argue that I wasn't right. What I was wrong about was the idiocy of investors and investment advisors and how long that they would hold onto the foolish belief that things were actually improving along with the fallacy that our economy had entered "RECOVERY".

So I apologize for their behavior, but don't blame me for what those idiots say (and do)!;) Although you may not like my comments/predictions, I will continue to post them....OFTEN. So you're choice shmessy is whether or not you care to read them. either way, it's no skin off my back brother.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  15. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

The subject was about STOCK MARKET predictions and how stupid it is to make them.

Look at the thread title for God's sakes. How clear do you need it spelled out for you?

Your initial post in this thread was "The Dow is tanking...."Gee, maybe PR was right all along...."

Your STOCK MARKET predictions - - and everyone else's for that matter - - are useless. So when that is pointed out to you in black and white, you try to skate to the left and throw a fake out with changing the subject to ECONOMIC PREDICTIONS.

At least try to be honest. What is true in black and white is your prediction at Dow in the low 8000's that it would tank from May 2009 until the end of the year. It is what it is, PR. That's why I never try to predict the stock markets. Doing so is pure idiocy. It bothers me not a bit that you do it - - you're a good guy, but I have every right to call a cow pie a cow pie.
  16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

I'm very honest...for God's sake, how many times have we had this discussion? I know for a fact I've told you more than once I agree that predicting market trends are foolish mainly because investors don't act based upon the old "tried & true" metrics anymore. If they did consistently, we'd be better able to predict market trends.

I've never tried to back off anything I've written. Getting back to the core discussion, I wrote about the cause of the current decline before it happened. I said it couldn't be sustained and that was an accurate statement.

If we have another run-up in the near future, it won't be sustainable...damn, I did it again! ;)
  17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Actually, PR any investment advisor who recommended to their clients to follow a disciplined asset allocation strategy with semi-annual rebalancings the past several years has done VERY well for their clients. Rebalancing out of overweightedness in stocks into bonds in 2005-2008, then from bonds into stocks in 2009 has worked nicely indeed. I can assure you of that.

Making moves based on predictions usually doesn't. Judging from what you wrote in May 2009, I certainly hope you didn't act on your pontifications!
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Are we actually trying to subtly "one-up" each other here shmessy?:D;)
  19. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

I'm not sure you're actually being serious.

The subject is about stock market predictions. Plain and simple.

If you want to stay on the subject, then fine. However, now and in the past, you've shown a distinct tendency towards desperately trying to engage discussion for discussion's sake - - throwing off wild predictions then writing "any reactions?".

Look, if you're lonely, then you have my sympathy. Myself, I don't have time for posters who can't keep to the subject being discussed in order to shmmooze and deluding themselves into thinking they're actually socializing with someone instead of just typing on the internet. No offense.

If you have a point, kiddo, try to stick with it.
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Relax shmessy...it's the internet and I can write whatever I please.

THE subect matter is what the OP wrote, not what YOU want it to be. Just for review, here's the subject matter;

Please show me where it's stock market predictions. BTW....why did you get so personal there friend? :confused2:

You have a tendancy to over-react on an emotional & personal level. If you get frustrated exchanging posts with me, too bad...I truly don't care.

BTW... nothing written here actually matters.