Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thomase may be seeking redemption.
Whatever ... and you've prob'ly seen this ... but
he has a piece up on Coach's [expletive] humor.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1039443#articleFull

If'n you stick with it to the bottom of page 3, you'll find this fascinating info:

Maybe blitzing the Patriots isn’t such a good idea after all. According to Stats Inc., the Patriots own the highest passer rating against the blitz in the NFL, a staggering 149.7. Tom Brady [stats] is 59-of-76 for 795 yards and nine touchdowns, with no interceptions.

Eventually teams will realize it’s pointless to blitz the Pats unless they have a pretty good idea they can get there. That seems to be the approach the rest of the league has taken against the Colts, who have only been blitzed 20 times all season. Peyton Manning owns a passer rating of 132.7 in those situations, with 14 completions for 157 yards and three touchdowns. ...

[email protected]

What a bizzare article. We're told that Belichick is a funny guy, and the examples used are him chewing out players with expletives. didn't seem funny, really. Maybe Tomase doesn't understand what the word humor means?

Maybe blitzing the Patriots isn’t such a good idea after all. According to Stats Inc., the Patriots own the highest passer rating against the blitz in the NFL, a staggering 149.7. Tom Brady [stats] is 59-of-76 for 795 yards and nine touchdowns, with no interceptions.

I remember TB saying he liked to be blitzed because it left targets uncovered.

Most of his humor is deadpan toneof voice, but thereare some great lines tomase could have used.

I think it was an ef ewe article by Tomase disguised as praise.

What a bizzare article. We're told that Belichick is a funny guy, and the examples used are him chewing out players with expletives. didn't seem funny, really. Maybe Tomase doesn't understand what the word humor means?

Nice!

I agree. But, I have a feeling that he is a very funny guy.

When I was at Paris Island, I had these drill instructors that, to this day, provided some of the funniest things that I have ever seen. I mean, corn out of the nose funny.

And if I told you the stories, you would say, "dude, that is sick. I mean, those people need help." But, it sure was funny! :)

And yea, they probably did, and do need some help.

I thought that stuff was pretty funny myself.

LDP, I assume you're a Marine. If so, OOHRAH! I went to boot camp in San Diego myself.

Anyways, I'd have to agree, it does seem like BB has a sense of humor that he masks pretty well from the media.

i thought this was pretty funny, from Vrabel:

At practice a couple of years ago, Vrabel launched into a harangue about the “(expletive) Giants,” noting the inferior level of competition and how the tight ends blanketed in coverage by Belichick’s charges, “drove dump trucks in the offseason.”

Nice!

I agree. But, I have a feeling that he is a very funny guy.

When I was at Paris Island, I had these drill instructors that, to this day, provided some of the funniest things that I have ever seen. I mean, corn out of the nose funny.

And if I told you the stories, you would say, "dude, that is sick. I mean, those people need help." But, it sure was funny! :)

And yea, they probably did, and do need some help.
I made the mistake of laughing once in Third Phase. I can still remember the admiration in the Drill Instructor's voice as he said Just f'en begin.

That's an amazing stat - 150 is as good as it could possibly be, right?

I wonder what it was last year by comparison.

Of course, in a game strategy DCs will still blitz, if only to have an opportunity to hit the passer and maybe slow him down.

That's part of why last year was so tough to watch as McDaniel put out the welcome mat for DBs to come right up to the line to pressure and hit Brady with not even the least bit of threat of getting burned on a deep pass.

There have been numerous examples of BBs humor over the years, most recently his response to Pat Kirwan's question about the timeout rule before FG's...yet somehow in a 4 page article on BBs humor, Tomase doesn't include anything even remotely funny. Another job well done.

There have been numerous examples of BBs humor over the years, most recently his response to Pat Kirwan's question about the timeout rule before FG's...yet somehow in a 4 page article on BBs humor, Tomase doesn't include anything even remotely funny. Another job well done.

Maybe we're supposed to read between the lines... imagining that ManJudas is getting "Jerky Boys" calls at 3 in the morning originating somewhere in the 508 area code?

Really - what a bizarre article.. not one example of BB's sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes