PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doug Gabriel and Chad Jackson Prediction....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Now that the Deion mess is behind us, Tom Brady and the Pats are going to focus on what they have. I believe that before this season is half over, Chad and Gabriel are going to be our top 2 WR's and Chad Jackson is going to get a lot of passes thrown his way.

Chad Jackson was considered one of the top recievers in the country coming out of college. The guy can play. I have seen him down here in Florida multiple times and he is going to be our future #1 receiver. As for Gabriel, I believe that he is going to be a clutch reciever. Eventually, Watson, Jackson and Gabriel are going to be a handful to cover all at the same time. TB will find them and the Deion mess will be but a distant memory.

We are going to be just fine. I have a great feeling about our team....

NEM said:
Jackson and Gabriel are major upgrades over Branch and Givens.

And taller too...faster, great hands, and they will have an IMMEDIATE impact, as early as this weekend against the Jets.
Let's not go too far here. Jackson hasn't played a down in the NFL and Gabriel has never been more than a #4. They have potential, and I do like the enthusiasm for their play, but let's not put in a catagory that they haven't even been given the opportunity to take.

NEM,

I appreciate your optimism. In general, I try to be as optimistic as possible as well.

But I just don't see how you can say that Gabriel and Jackson are an upgrade of Branch and Givens, at least not yet. Over time, I definitely think they will. But both of them are way to unproven to be considered an immediate upgrade over Branch and Givens.

-Ethan

I think Gabriel will become one of Brady's favorite targets right away I thought he was ready for a breakout year with Oakland...now that Tom will be throwing it to him I expect some huge plays.

As for Jackson, once he gets on the field I believe he will be very inconsistent(like most rookie WR's) I'm sure he will have some huge plays that will make us all say WOW, but he will also have games where his gets shut down. Don't misquote me though, I think CJ will end up being an amazing WR in the NFL just probably not this year.

Last edited:
At least one of these 2 better play on Sunday or i'm gonna go nuts..the only way I can put the Deion thing behind me is by seeing our 'future' on the field sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Hey Nem, I just read your thread on "not to panick about or WR situation". I will miss Branch and Givens. They were part of championships here. But there is reason to believe that our 2 new guys are going to be just as good if not better statistically.

Honestly, I did not read your thread before posting mine, but I agree with you 100%.

And the other thing you mentioned was about play action. I recall the Jets doing that to us a lot in the past and it always F*&^ing worked for them. It made me want to throw my TV out a window everytime they ran it. With Brady being one of the better play-fake QB's in the league, this could be great for him.

NEM said:

And taller too...faster, great hands, and they will have an IMMEDIATE impact, as early as this weekend against the Jets.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Jackson and Gabriel have done nothing as Patriots. Nothing. Could they be great? Sure. But saying this now is just stupid.

In my opinion, a number of posters on the New England Patriots message board is missing the big picture. The New England Patriots offense will heavily emphasize the running game this year. Don't be surprised if the New England Patriots offense rushes the ball forty times a game this season.

ATippett56 said:
In my opinion, a number of posters on the New England Patriots message board is missing the big picture. The New England Patriots offense will heavily emphasize the running game this year. Don't be surprised if the New England Patriots offense rushes the ball forty times a game this season.

I hope we run it 40 times a game, the more we run the better our entire offense will be and it will keep our defense off the field and fresh!

Last edited:
NEM said:
..play actions changes all that and turns it into success.

Play action is like the pick and roll in basketball, it basically always works and you can't possibly do it enough

Last edited:
NEM said:
Have faith....they wil be a major upgrade... and immediately.

How can you say they wont be?

NEM, they will become believers eventually. I know these two receivers. Why do you think Randy Moss was so pissed that Gabriel got traded? Moss was grooming him. When did Randy Moss go to bat for a teamate before? I'm pretty sure NEVER. Gabe is becoming very good NFL player. Jackson, I can't wait to see this kid. He is a speed freak with size and good hands.

Does anyone know how Jackson and Gabriel are as blockers? If they are good blockers, which is possible because of their size, I wouldn't mind seeing an offense similar to that of the Steelers, with a little more passing. At least for the first couple of weeks until the receivers get their feet wet with the offense.

Ceresco said:
I think Gabriel will become one of Brady's favorite targets right away I thought he was ready for a breakout year with Oakland...now that Tom will be throwing it to him I expect some huge plays.

As for Jackson, once he gets on the field I believe he will be very inconsistent(like most rookie WR's) I'm sure he will have some huge plays that will make us all say WOW, but he will also have games where his gets shut down. Don't misquote me though, I think CJ will end up being an amazing WR in the NFL just probably not this year.

Branch had an immediate impact, why not Jackson, he is a very bright guy by all accounts.

Last edited:
Just wonder how much the drafting of Jackson had to do with Branch reneging on his statement to play out his contract? How afraid was he of being the #2 by the end of the year?

patsfan13 said:
Branch had an immediate impact, why not Jackson, he is a very bright guy by all accounts.

Why not Jackson? Jackson practically missed the entire training camp and did not participate in even one preseason game. Rookie wide receivers rarely flourish in the NFL.

NEM said:
Nopt when Jackson and Gabriel are ready. The running game will be used, but it will,also, be used as a threat to enable the passing game to work well.

You cant go to the well too often. We need more play action passes on 1st down..and too many times when we run on first down,and it fails, we go right back to the well, run again, and it fails..play actions changes all that and turns it into success.
The play action pass only works when the opposing defense respects the New England Patriots running game. First establish the running game, then dictate to the defense the New England Patriots passing game via play action.

I got stuck watching Arizona-SF yesterday (actually turned into a good game), and watching Fitzgerald and Boldin of Arizona work together, was a thing of beauty. They are a deady twosome. If Gabriel-Jackson can be half as good as them, we will be in good shape. Add Watson, man I can't wait until these guys are healthy, and ready. I still say we should give Charles Rogers a chance, the guy was incredible in college. Don't we have an open roster spot now (Deion's).

Let's see them actually play in some games before we make them the second coming of Rice and Taylor. A minor detail, I know. Humor me.

NEM said:

HASTY!

You cant honestly say that. Think about what you are saying, Jackson hasnt played an NFL game, Gabriel hasnt proven himself to elite yet though this is his chance. Givens and Branch both have had good seasons, proven to be great post season performers. They are certainly not upgrades until I see it. I hope so but it is totally unlikely at least until they get on the field and show what the've got.

Gabriel in time will be better than Givens. Jackson in time will be better than Branch. He is bigger, faster, more physical reciever that will take a hit. However, I would have really liked to see Branch, Jackson and Gabriel on the same team. Oh well, the Pats can't keep everyone. You can't control every players decisions. Ego's collide sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes