Welcome to PatsFans.com

Double Standard

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turk, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Lynne Cheney wasn't running for office. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that the story in question was more relevant than, say, the Rush story which got 3 days of almost non stop news.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What garbage. You're the one who brought the stupid story here in the first place and then just disappeared from your own thread when there were 9,000 holes punched in your argument. Btw MJF isn't running for anything either. That didn't stop you from taking repeated shots at him.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

I thought the Webb story was brought up in the context of the dems making Foley the major issue in the campaign?/

What would that have to do with the misleading ads Fox was involved in?
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Webb story emerged because you guys are loosing and will stop at nothing to retain power. The context was that your side is stocked with sore loosers who have no morals.

There was nothing misleading about them and you stamping your foot and holding your breath isn't going to change that. If Cheney deserves a pass, as BF seems to think, because she's not running for anything, why doesn't the same apply to MJF?
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

When you say pubbies are against stem cell research when they aren't against stem cell research this i smisleading. If they said that pubbies were against enbryonic stem cell research that would be less misleading. if you said that pubbies were against destroying additional enbryos for research that would be accurate.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I didn't disappear, I know I replied at least once. Sometimes there's nothing left to say. I repeat myself over and over sometimes, so I get tired of it.

The guy is running for office, it's newsworthy. I only responded to the Michael J. Fox thing with regard to the Rush bashing.
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well, lets see I know you're anti-choice, and I know Michael Salvi (the Doctor murderer) was also anti-choice. Just because you each have separate ways of expressing your opinions doesn't mean you don't both fall into the same broad 'anti' category. You can't be 'for' something but put up innumerable obstacles to it at the same time. That's dishonest. What your side is doing vis-a-vis the Stem Cell debate is no different than the tactics employed in the South in the early 60's. It wasn't illegal for blacks to vote back then, just impossible.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 5 / -2

I find all of this amusing. We have a guy getting blasted cuz someone accused him of using the "N" word, although he admitted he himself never heard the guy say it (I saw the accuser on Hardball...what a joke). So, in return, you get the accused to slap back by saying his ficticious (sp?) novel says he's a pedophile. Sad. So now, the DNC spews out something Lynne Cheney co-authored in a book, no quotes of course, and says that her talking about lesbian love makes Webb's book ok. Gotta love American politics.

I thought the Allen "N' word stuff was stupid, I thought the Webb crap was worse (with respect to stupidity), but the Communist News Network/DNC charge might be the dumbest of them all. I think it's dumb because to criticize lesbian love in a novel is to say that lesbian love is wrong. Anyways....

Can someone tell me what any of this has to do with how each plans to deal with the countries problems?

Exactly.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  11. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What is being criticized is the hypocrisy.

Nobody on the Dems' side has claimed that lesbian love is wrong, however many on the other side have.

Cheney's book that she never even mentions any more (coincidence?) contains attampted rapes, brothels and lesbian affairs.

When confronted, because she is a vocal critic of Webb, her response is that while she has nothing to explain, Webb has a lot to explain. Why?

By the way, let's not forget her work of "fiction" in 1988, about a Republican vice president who dies of a heart attack while having sex with his mistress. I wonder whatever inspired her to write on that specific subject matter.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 5 / -2

What is sad is that Lynne Cheney isn't running for office in Virginia. Look, I think the Webb stuff was dumb, but to then single out Lynne Cheney is ridiculous. These clowns do everything but talk about the issues.