Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dopey GOP lawmakers under pressure to decline government health plan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 24, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Lets see how this all pans out, will they put their money where there mouth is or just follow along whine and criticize from their bully pulpit..

Maybe some of them could forego their window treatments.. and use their own money, as most of congress is just an extension of the millionaire boys club.. but who cares it is not their money.

GOP lawmakers under pressure to decline government health plan - The Hill's Healthwatch

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

That's just flat dumb. It's an employer provided benefit. I'll applaud anyone who does decline it out of principle, but why would, or better yet why should, anyone who takes a full time job deny themselves the healthcare benefit that comes with it?
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Would like to know how many really need it??.. the same goes for redecorating their offices, that to whom much is given, much is expected. Most have a lot of cash in reserve...

Time to put your money where your mouth is, 174K a year with an operating budget of 1.8 million is a lot of cash for a person elected on the platform of stopping wasteful government spending. Be frugal from the onset, what a novel idea that is.

Many times it is the symbolic, little things that make a difference.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Maybe you should ask them then.

As for decorating offices, the details are obviously important. I don't know if the offices are empty when they get them or not, or if the windows are bare. I'd assume someone coming in would want a new coat of paint (I certainly would), and some new curtains if the woman before them left pink ones, or the man crap brown. Where I would point criticism, is with the extravagence of what's put in, as well as the cost. If they're buying $20,000 drapes when they could easily put in a set for $2,000, then they should be rolled over the coals. If they are purchasing all knew furniture when the stuff that's there is perfectly fine, then fugg them. The basic necessities are acceptable is the point, but like you say, example and priciples are very important. As is the bottom line, which is the cost. Without knowing what's being done specifically, it's hard for me to give anyone the finger. I will say that my money would be on these clowns spending much more than they would ever need to.