PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dontrelle Willis to Sox?

ras_d1

Rookie
Reaction score
Ken rosenthal of the sporting news is reporting (and is all over WEEI) that the marlins are looking to move dontrelle willis and one of the interested teams is the red sox. unfortunately we would have to give up Jon Lester and at least another guy (pedrioia or someone).

That would prove interesting, wonder how Willis would do under the bright lights and ever scrutinizing press in Boston??

I'm sure just about every team in the league would be interested, and I doubt the Sox would be the ones to get him.

The thought makes me giddy, but that would be a lot of dough.

Marlins would ask for Pedroia, Hansen, and Lester at least. Seriously im not joking thats what they would want.

Johnny Mac said:
I'm sure just about every team in the league would be interested, and I doubt the Sox would be the ones to get him.
why would you say that.the sox have alot of young talented cheap players the kind the marlins are looking for .

SeanBruschi54 said:
Marlins would ask for Pedroia, Hansen, and Lester at least. Seriously im not joking thats what they would want.
well the deal would never get done because the sox arent giving up hansen .they will take pedroia and lester or it wont happen .

ya

SeanBruschi54 said:

Ya they will want way too much. There is so much potential right now, and we are not in need of starting pitching---at least not that bad. If need be paps comes into the rotation. We don't get willis because it goes against everything theo believes to scrap out topline prospects for a guy we really don't need right now---he's just a luxary!

mtbykr said:
Ya they will want way too much. There is so much potential right now, and we are not in need of starting pitching---at least not that bad. If need be paps comes into the rotation. We don't get willis because it goes against everything theo believes to scrap out topline prospects for a guy we really don't need right now---he's just a luxary!

Top of the rotation pitching is never a luxury. Especially if that pitching is young and healthy. If the Sox think Lester can be top of the rotation then don't do it - if they don't then they'd be stupid not to use him to make the trade happen. As for Hansen - closers aren't so rare that I'd make him untouchable. Same thing for Pedroia's skill set. Number 1 type starters are gold.

When John Henry was asked about it he said he had read it but said they haven't talked to the Marlins since the Beckett deal.

Burgess said:
Top of the rotation pitching is never a luxury. Especially if that pitching is young and healthy. If the Sox think Lester can be top of the rotation then don't do it - if they don't then they'd be stupid not to use him to make the trade happen. As for Hansen - closers aren't so rare that I'd make him untouchable. Same thing for Pedroia's skill set. Number 1 type starters are gold.

im almost positive the sox view lester as a top of the rotation guy
i dont see them trading him

If FLA gets rid of Willis, what's their payroll? Like a buck?

patsfan55 said:
im almost positive the sox view lester as a top of the rotation guy
i dont see them trading him

I agree. And he's a lefty too. Outside of Lester though I'd have no problem trading any other prospect for Willis (I'm considering Paplebon a made man at this point)

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back