PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte Stallworth, Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting article about Stallworth, a lot of stuff I didn't know about his conviction. From the article he seems to gotten the message from his DD conviction.

Stallworth: 'Be cognizant of your decisions' - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Overshadowed, though, is what Stallworth did after it was clear he had accidentally killed a man with his car. He ordered his lawyers to accept a plea deal that convicted him of a felony even when evidence showed he had an excellent chance of being found innocent. He said Reyes’ death was enough of his fault that there shouldn’t be a trial and Reyes’ family shouldn’t have to sit in a courthouse and relive his death all over again.

Over and over, members of Stallworth’s elite team of attorneys shouted at him to fight the charges. They said there was no way to prove who was at fault. Reyes, after all, dashed across a busy freeway to catch a bus near a green light that rarely turns red.

After reading this I wish him well. This is very different who after they screw up never come to grips with what they did.

Agreed! After reading that I hope he does well!

Clearly thought it was his fault, and felt bad about it.

Group 1: "DUIZ IZ BAD HE BE A MURDAER"

Group 2: "IZ NOT HIZ FAULT HE WOULDA KILT DEH GUY IF HE HADNT BEN DRANKIN"

Nice article. Thanks for the link. I wish Stallworth every success in his future.

Nice article. I really like Stallworth. I sat close to the Pats bench during the Pats-Giants regular season game in 2007 and watching Stallworth sparring with the douchey Giants fans was much fun. Just a really funny guy and a good player, even if Gaffney became more important than him as the year wore on.

Still, I have to wonder how much of this is well orchestrated PR spin. I'll like Donte either way. I'm just not so quick to buy this 100%.

Didn't he murder someone? Anyway I hope he does good in Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back