PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte Stallworth hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
As a #2 WR who wouldn't cost too much to trade for and wouldn't blow our WR salary structure out of the water I'd love to get him. His salary is $1.9M for 2006 and less than $600K for 2007 so an average of about $1.25M the next two years.

Mmmm... valueeeee...

Okay I'm in. Somebody send the order to BB/SP.

PFnV

Which way does the wind blow

NO news, slow news leaves idle hands for the calloused posters

While Stallworth has a history of fragility, and a perception of underachieving, he's definitely talented. With an accurate Quarterback (we have one of those) throwing him the ball, he could be a huge weapon. Much like Troy and Deion, Donte's ability to make plays after the catch is his prime attribute. If the cost is reasonable, hell yes, let's get him.

Uncle Heatster, livin' on reds, vitamin C, and cocaine....

Another option...I am sure there are many..BB/SP looking them over..NOT rushing in...under valued is always a good word..I like that he is community minded...many pluses..even the salary..

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Anyway, I live in New Orleans and I would love the Pats to get Stallworth if this is legit. The guy when healthy is an awesome downfield threat and would be a great compliment to Branch plus I've met him a few times at Saints mini-camp and he's a class act real cool guy. Last season for example the crowd was getting all over Brooks and Stallworth was signing autographs and he spent the next 5 minutes defending Brooks to the crowd, real team guy.

i think that Brady could turn Stalworth into a top WR :cool:

id love to get him.

BelichickFan said:
As a #2 WR who wouldn't cost too much to trade for and wouldn't blow our WR salary structure out of the water I'd love to get him. His salary is $1.9M for 2006 and less than $600K for 2007 so an average of about $1.25M the next two years.

Looking at that, I'm guessing that Stallworth reached escalators for 2006 and may have reached escalators for 2007 but the 2007 escalators have yet to be summed up (may be waiting for 2006 results). I would not count on Stallworth being so cheap for 2007.

b72s said:
Had him in fantasy since rookie & watched multiple games.

If Bethel played more he would have the same results

Take it or Leave It.

We've all seen Bethel play... Stallworth is certainly an upgrade.

b72s said:
These guys are identical physicall and mentally. I'd rather have bethel on the cheap. Donte play only when he wants.

Oh wow I didn't know Bethel had a +900 yard season. Where was I?

b72s said:
Have not seen him do what Pats WR do whether Branch or Givens.

Talented yes but Pats system I duuno

Well duh, he had Aaron Brooks. You obviously base you knowlede upon fantasy football. Maybe you try a FFL board. Plenty of us play FF, but we discuss actual football here.

b72s said:
NO news, slow news leaves idle hands for the calloused posters

This is a dope free zone, please put that thing you are holding out.

PatsSox363804 said:
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Anyway, I live in New Orleans and I would love the Pats to get Stallworth if this is legit. The guy when healthy is an awesome downfield threat and would be a great compliment to Branch plus I've met him a few times at Saints mini-camp and he's a class act real cool guy. Last season for example the crowd was getting all over Brooks and Stallworth was signing autographs and he spent the next 5 minutes defending Brooks to the crowd, real team guy.

I remember brooks and stallworth doing that in training camp, it was on the news for like 2 days he seems like a good guy to have on your side...

OT: where in new orleans are you?

If this rumor is true about him on trade block..i sure hope that him having an expired licence or something doesnt hurt his chances. i like him as a player..very fast and makes yards after catch. i'd take him over Walker right now because both are young but Stallworth isnt coming off an injury and likely wont have big a concerns about complaining like Javon. I usually have Stallworth on my madden roster as #2 :)

Remix 6 said:
I usually have Stallworth on my madden roster as #2 :)

Try him in the slot, you will be amazed...he is sick there... ;)

Digger44 said:
Well duh, he had Aaron Brooks. You obviously base you knowlede upon fantasy football. Maybe you try a FFL board. Plenty of us play FF, but we discuss actual football here.

the thing is even if he plays ff, he shouldve been happy with stallworth this yr

PatsSaintsSox said:
Try him in the slot, you will be amazed...he is sick there... ;)

speaking of madden wr's take a look at mine (in 2007 season)

david givens
deion branch
martin nance
mike hass
greg jennings

my te's
leonard pope
ben watson
vernon davis

b72s said:
Had him in fantasy since rookie & watched multiple games.

He has speed but hammy issues... Last year best year but NO was always throwing from behind and he played for contract. PS had some gator arms too!!!

If Bethel played more he would have the same results

Take it or Leave It.

SO since he didn't perform for your fantasy team he is Bethel Johnson like? Come on now, BJ has not done a damn thing. He might have about 30 catches in his career. Stallworth, although it seems that he is shy to go across the middle, has been productive in his young career. I would love to add him for our second pick in the 4th. Ultimately, I would like Javon here, but Branch, Stallworth, Caldwell, and Brown, BJ, Draft pick, UFA battling for the last 2 spots would not be too shabby either. In fact how great would Branch, Walker, Stallworth be? That would be a terrible draft if we gave up a third and a fourth for Walker and Stallworth.

harveyw said:
SO since he didn't perform for your fantasy team he is Bethel Johnson like? Come on now, BJ has not done a damn thing. He might have about 30 catches in his career. Stallworth, although it seems that he is shy to go across the middle, has been productive in his young career. I would love to add him for our second pick in the 4th. Ultimately, I would like Javon here, but Branch, Stallworth, Caldwell, and Brown, BJ, Draft pick, UFA battling for the last 2 spots would not be too shabby either. In fact how great would Branch, Walker, Stallworth be? That would be a terrible draft if we gave up a third and a fourth for Walker and Stallworth.

I think that is a typo about it being a terrible draft, correct?

Bc if the Pats gave a 3 & 4 and got Walker & Stallworth, I think that would be a very very nice move.

Hell, if they gave a 2 & 4 for that pair, I don't think you would hear many complaints.

PatsSaintsSox said:
I remember brooks and stallworth doing that in training camp, it was on the news for like 2 days he seems like a good guy to have on your side...

OT: where in new orleans are you?

I live in Slidell and I work in Harrahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes