PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte Stallworth helping brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrooks55

Rookie
Reaction score
I have tom brady as a keeper in my fantasy league. how much do you think stallworth will help him will he be a branch or better? or worse?

Brady looks like he will have his best season.

If Maroney can get 1200-1400 yds on 300+ carries, Stallworth plays 14+ games, Kelley Washington emerges as a solid #2, and Welker does his thing in the slot, Tommy will come close to or eclipse his 2004 numbers.

yea im hoping he blows it up this year becuase i have to choose to keep brady or not soon beciase its a keeper league

I have tom brady as a keeper in my fantasy league. how much do you think stallworth will help him will he be a branch or better? or worse?

Your question is more complicated than it appears.

First of all, factor in Stallworth's injury history and make a guess at how many games you think he will play. Personally I'll go with 14.

From there, keep in mind that the benefit of Stallworth is seen not necessarilly in his numbers, nor soley in Brady's. It's in the offense in general and the W/L column.

In effect having Stallworth on the field prevents defenses from collapsing on the rest of the offense the way the did last year.

That means that the YPC of most of the receiving threats goes up. I would look for Watson's YPC to go up by a few yards (if I played Fantasy football I'd grab him), as well as the other WRs that are on the field most often.

Pass catching RBs will be more of an option and their yards on the ground and after the short catches might improve by the fact that safeties are in the backfield keeping an eye on Stallworth.

If things go according to plan though, Brady and his offense, in part thanks to Stallworth's presence, will be able to build a big lead and hold onto by running the ball. Brady will throw deep to Stallworth enough to keep the deep threat valid at all times, but there will be no reason to take too many risks with the longball beyond that - and they will have the ability to spread the passes around as they always prefer to.

So if you look at Brady's SB year numbers you'll see its nothing to get overly excited about - but the offense in general will be good - the defnese will be great, and the Win Loss record will hopefully be enough to give us a bye and home field advantage when the "real" season starts in January (but we do play a tougher schedule this year than compared to last by the looks of it - so getting back to 12 wins will be a challenge).

So again, as of now, take Watson and Maroney. They'd be the biggest benefactors statiscally beyond our Wins and Losses.

Last edited:
Yes

When he plays his yards per catch will help

Brady can reach higher yardage totals with less throws.

Although I expect Brady to have a tremendous season, I expect Stallworth to have very very good but not sensational numbers. The pats spread the ball around.

also, remember, once the pats have the lead, they will often use their running game to run out the clock so that may hold brady's numbers back at times.

I think in fantasy football, you should always be careful will pats players - they tend not to be big numbers hangers. that's why so few pro-bowl players - people tend to over-emphasize numbers.

now if fantasy football was bvased on winning championships, then pats players would be the way to go!

I hope to get Brady and Stallworth on my fantasy football team next year... Brady got me decent points last year, but I'm also going to try to get Romo again, he got me some major points there towards the end of the season when Brady's numbers dropped... I need to get better RBs though, they did OK, but were nothing spetacular.... Good Luck on your team next year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back