PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte Stallworth a fantasy bust!

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I first want to say good job by the Pats organization for picking up Randy Moss. If the Pats didn't sign Moss they would not be 3-0 right now.( imagine Stallworth being a number #1) With all the Wide outss the Pats signed they still felt the need for Moss, now I know why. Stallworth flat out sucks. This guy couldn't even get open against Buffalo's secondary. To make it even worse the Bills had 3 first string DB's out. Thats right he couldn't even get open against Buffalo's second string DB's. That says it all, and how bad of a WO Stallworth is. Horrible. What a bust for fantasy owners. I'm one of them, well was one of them. I dumped Stallworth just like the other 8000 fantasy owners on Yahoo.

Well, look at it this way. You could have:

LaDanian
Anyone on the Saints offense
The Chargers D

they're killing FF teams across the country!

For fantasy football purposes, it's really hard to have any Patriots offensive player, simply because of how they play the game. That said, I have Ben Watson and Sammy Morris (picked him up after W1) and they've both been scoring me some points!

I don't think that Stallworth sucks- he just wasn't getting many looks. There's no doubt who Brady's favorite target is. . .

I first want to say good job by the Pats organization for picking up Randy Moss. If the Pats didn't sign Moss they would not be 3-0 right now.( imagine Stallworth being a number #1) With all the Wide outss the Pats signed they still felt the need for Moss, now I know why. Stallworth flat out sucks. This guy couldn't even get open against Buffalo's secondary. To make it even worse the Bills had 3 first string DB's out. Thats right he couldn't even get open against Buffalo's second string DB's. That says it all, and how bad of a WO Stallworth is. Horrible. What a bust for fantasy owners. I'm one of them, well was one of them. I dumped Stallworth just like the other 8000 fantasy owners on Yahoo.

I agree with you again FF. I had Stallworth as of this morning but dropped him and picked up Dwayne Bowe instead. I am a little worried about him in KC's D but he has shown up the past couple of weeks and is KC's #1 WR with Kennison on the sideline.

Stallworth was a backup for me but I needed to get someone because I have H. Ward as well who is probably going to miss this week.

Well, look at it this way. You could have:

LaDanian
Anyone on the Saints offense
The Chargers D

they're killing FF teams across the country!

For fantasy football purposes, it's really hard to have any Patriots offensive player, simply because of how they play the game. That said, I have Ben Watson and Sammy Morris (picked him up after W1) and they've both been scoring me some points!

I don't think that Stallworth sucks- he just wasn't getting many looks. There's no doubt who Brady's favorite target is. . .

I have R. Bush and although he hasn't done anything until last week, I am not going to give up on him, especially now that he is NO's #1 back.

One guy in my league had Brees but put him on the block. I know what you think about guys on the Saints O but don't you think that Brees should bust out soon? With McAllister out, I see the Saints throwing more and more.

Would you (I am also talking to you FF) offer Roethlisberger (who is one of my QB's, Kitna is the other) for Brees?

I have R. Bush and although he hasn't done anything until last week, I am not going to give up on him, especially now that he is NO's #1 back.

One guy in my league had Brees but put him on the block. I know what you think about guys on the Saints O but don't you think that Brees should bust out soon? With McAllister out, I see the Saints throwing more and more.

Would you (I am also talking to you FF) offer Roethlisberger (who is one of my QB's, Kitna is the other) for Brees?

I gave up on Brees. He was also on the same fantasy team I had Stallworth on. So imagine how frustrated I'm getting. I'll tell you why I don't think Brees is ever going to get hot. The offensive line of New Orleans is absolutley terrible. I never seen an OL play so poorly. When I first saw NO play against the Colts that was one of the worst OL performances I ever witnessed. So this week, since I got to watch NO again, I kept a close eye on them. Once again it was hard to watch. Their Ol is weak. They were so dominated at the line Brees had nothing on his mind but keeping upright. I said Bush would have a big game last week( 2 td's), but thought Brees might too. I thought the OL would come together and get better, but obviously not. If they couldn't get it together going into week 3 I don't think they ever will. I would take Big Ben, or Kitna over Brees right now. Kitna is always going to put up big numbers with that awesome recieving group. Ben has been great and think he still will be even with Ward being out this week. Leave Brees alone.

I gave up on Brees. He was also on the same fantasy team I had Stallworth on. So imagine how frustrated I'm getting. I'll tell you why I don't think Brees is ever going to get hot. The offensive line of New Orleans is absolutley terrible. I never seen an OL play so poorly. When I first saw NO play against the Colts that was one of the worst OL performances I ever witnessed. So this week, since I got to watch NO again, I kept a close eye on them. Once again it was hard to watch. Their Ol is weak. They were so dominated at the line Brees had nothing on his mind but keeping upright. I said Bush would have a big game last week( 2 td's), but thought Brees might too. I thought the OL would come together and get better, but obviously not. If they couldn't get it together going into week 3 I don't think they ever will. I would take Big Ben, or Kitna over Brees right now. Kitna is always going to put up big numbers with that awesome recieving group. Ben has been great and think he still will be even with Ward being out this week. Leave Brees alone.

Very informative. Thanks and yeah, that had to he frustrating. How many games did they cost you?

Very informative. Thanks and yeah, that had to he frustrating. How many games did they cost you?

I have 5 teams. One on yahoo. I had Brees and Stallworth on my Yahoo league. I really wanted to play well on my Yahoo league since it was a league I joined with friends. I was 1-0 but now lost the last 2, bringing me to 1-2 for the season. This past week I still had Stallworth but on the bench. I started Curry instead (63 yards 1 TD) If you want to know who my other WO is, it's Calvin Johson. So you can see I'm in trouble since CJ just got hurt. So what I did was I dropped Stallworth for Roddy White (atlanta falcons), and dropped Brees for Shaub. The way things are going for me I really don't have a choice. I really have a tough matchup this week. The team I'm playing is 3-0, and scored the most points in our league 2 of the first 3 weeks.:eek:

Funny how things change in a year. He had some games for the Eagles last year where he was a fantasy bust...a shiny gold bust placed on a pedestal in the fantasy football hall of fame.

Regards,
Chris

I have 5 teams. One on yahoo. I had Brees and Stallworth on my Yahoo league. I really wanted to play well on my Yahoo league since it was a league I joined with friends. I was 1-0 but now lost the last 2, bringing me to 1-2 for the season. This past week I still had Stallworth but on the bench. I started Curry instead (63 yards 1 TD) If you want to know who my other WO is, it's Calvin Johson. So you can see I'm in trouble since CJ just got hurt. So what I did was I dropped Stallworth for Roddy White (atlanta falcons), and dropped Brees for Shaub. The way things are going for me I really don't have a choice. I really have a tough matchup this week. The team I'm playing is 3-0, and scored the most points in our league 2 of the first 3 weeks.:eek:

Hopefully this week was better for you.

Bowe worked out nicely this past week (22 points) and I have traded Darrell Jackson for Javon Walker straight up (the guy I traded with is scared about Walkers injury and he also has Lee Evans, T.O. and Greg Jennings). I also dropped Chester Taylor last week for Sammy Morris (who I started last night) and that has worked out nicely as well. I am a little taken aback by how well things are working out for me but there is still one team (the one loss I have) that is killing. The reason is because he has Brady and Moss.

I also picked up Bobby Engram a couple of weeks ago (dropped Brandon Stokley) and he has produced 2 TD's in 2 games along with some nice yards. I am now 3-1 and hoping that Bowe's emergence will last. I also have Housh and Ward as my other receivers.

I am in a league of 12 teams, how many guys are in your league?

Bowe worked out nicely this past week (22 points) and I have traded Darrell Jackson for Javon Walker straight up (the guy I traded with is scared about Walkers injury and he also has Lee Evans, T.O. and Greg Jennings). I also dropped Chester Taylor last week for Sammy Morris (who I started last night) and that has worked out nicely as well. I am a little taken aback by how well things are working out for me but there is still one team (the one loss I have) that is killing. The reason is because he has Brady and Moss.

I also picked up Bobby Engram a couple of weeks ago (dropped Brandon Stokley) and he has produced 2 TD's in 2 games along with some nice yards. I am now 3-1 and hoping that Bowe's emergence will last. I also have Housh and Ward as my other receivers.

Thanks for asking, that's cool of you. Listen to this. I was down by 30 points going into Monday nights game. I had Sammy Morris, Gostkowski, Pats D and Houshman left to play. He had Palmer. I ended up beating the only undefeated team left in our league. Won by 20. I was happy. Now I'm 2-2, in a league of 12 teams. So dropping Brees for Shaub worked out he had a solid game. Roddy White didn't have a big game or anything but did enough. More than what Stallworth is doing. The way Harrington has been playing I have high hopes for White so I'm going to hold onto him. I know some recievers that might be free agents in your league. Andre Davis (texans) Johnson is out next week, so I heard, and Davis had a great game this week. I'm drawing a blank right now on the other reciever I had in mind. He's on Pittsburg, I think he starts on the other side of Ward. I'll look him up and write back. Dam can't remember his name. I think it was some hard to remember name, lol. oh yeah Homes is his name. Holmes tha's right. Just came to me, lol. If Harrison is out for Indy expect Anthony Gonzalez to step up also. Those are just some recievers you might want to think about, in case you need one. If i dropped to 1-3, I would of been screwed but at 2-2 I have a shot still. Good luck.

I have stallworth, but thus far it hasnt affected me much, probably because i also have moss and brady.

I'd say it's safe to start Stallworth again. Although Welker is an even better bet!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back