Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dontay Moch

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by cstjohn17, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

DE Moch steals Amukamara's buzz in 4.25 seconds - CBSSports.com

"..the player creating the most buzz in the scouting world as the National reports circulate is Nevada pass rusher Dontay Moch .

That is because Moch, a 6-1, 245 pound defensive end who'll almost surely be asked to move to linebacker in the NFL, proved to be one of the fastest players tested by National scouts.

His time?

4.25 seconds, according to sources.

What is especially stunning about Moch's time is that, according to multiple sources, Moch claims to have run even faster times on multiple occasions, including a stunning 4.19 second effort that scouts, coaches and prospective agents across the country are whispering about.
    "

He is a little small (6'1, 245) for the Patriots but still pretty amazing times for a 245 pounder. He sounds ideal for special teams and situational pass rushing.
  2. Criptonite

Criptonite Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's an insane time. And he's actually a good player, not just some freak athlete. He's thought to be a player who could possibly crack round 2, but more likely go somewhere from rounds 3-5. If he can run a 4.2, he's got a shot at getting into round 1. Some 4-3 team would highly value a player with that kind of speed coming from the outside.
  3. reamer

reamer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has good production, yes, but I don't think he's a very good player yet. He has a terrible tendency to give up on plays that go away from him. Where's the hustle? He's got one move, his speed rush, and when that's neutralized, he can't disengage or counter at all. All his tackles for a loss and sacks, which look real impressive, come on free releases, stunts, and blitzes. He's a fantastic blitzer, but he can't create on his on with his pass rush.

43 WLB, if you ask me. He can be very good in that role, potentially all-pro, but he simply must learn to go all out all the time.
  4. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

Amazing potential there. I could see him as a weak side OLB. Of course he still needs to mature his technique and his body. But that will come. Reminds me of JPP with that really high ceiling, only this guy is even faster!
  5. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 7 / -2

he reminds of eric norwood, from this years draft
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.