PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donta' Hightower - why hasn't he signed yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What the deal with Hightower ? He donta' wanna sign ? Only 3 weeks till training camp, I'm getting a little worried.

Because the Patriots are cheap. :rocker:

What the deal with Hightower ? He donta' wanna sign ? Only 3 weeks till training camp, I'm getting a little worried.

22-25 haven't signed either. Same deal last year, they're discussing the amount of guaranteed money in the final year of the deal. I believe last year every pick in the 1st rounded ended up being 100% guaranteed, no?

There is a whole block around him that has not signed that's why....dominoes

he's gonna be here, don't worry!

22-25 haven't signed either. Same deal last year, they're discussing the amount of guaranteed money in the final year of the deal. I believe last year every pick in the 1st rounded ended up being 100% guaranteed, no?
Actually no!. IIRC last year the first 16-18 got all four years guaranteed. Where Hightower was picked the first 3 are guaranteed, but the last year was either not guaranteed or partially guaranteed. Since the AMOUNT of money isn't in question, getting some or all of the 4th year guaranteed is about the ONLY thing that agents can do to earn their money

Do you really think that the Pats care about Hightower's 4th year. By THAT time, he'll either be gone or extended

2. Patriots first-round draft choice Dont’a Hightower is the team’s lone unsigned draft choice, but it would be a surprise if the deal is not completed by when it truly counts – the start of training camp. Hightower (25th overall) is part of a four-player cluster from picks 22-25 yet to sign, and the likely holdup is how much of the final year of the contract is guaranteed. At this point, 16 of the league’s 32 first-round picks have signed contracts, so nothing out of the ordinary with Hightower’s situation.
Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
What is holding up a contract agreement with Patriots first-round pick Dont’a Hightower? Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, citing sources, lays it out nicely. It’s all about the fourth year of the contract and how much is guaranteed. The Browns reportedly are having a holdup with 22nd overall pick Brandon Weeden, and Hightower, the 25th pick, might be waiting to see what happens with Weeden and the two others directly in front of him who remain unsigned.
Holdup on Cleveland Browns QB Brandon Weeden's deal is full four-year guarantee, league source says | cleveland.com

Friggen Weedon is on weed. Sign already !

Only 3 weeks till training camp, I'm getting a little worried.

Prior to this season most fan bases would be rejoicing if their first round pick was signed that early.

Only three weeks to go? It's not worth worrying about until we have less than three days to go.

No need to be worried, this is normal stuff that happens all the time. As long as he's signed by the time training camp starts, it's no big deal.

I'll worry in three weeks.

Weeden's agent is likely playing the QB card realizing that he's going to get thrown to the wolves in Cleveland and even if he even makes it he will be way on the wrong side of 30 by the time he sees a second a deal. He probably has a little leverage since they've pissed off McCoy, but then again he can't afford to make the Brady Quinn mistake and miss any time or he may never get a shot at starting again.

he hates the pats and loves the jets..that's why

He's negotiating for more minutes and unlimited texting.

He's negotiating for more minutes and unlimited texting.

Then it looks like we're in for a hold out. The Pats are too fricken cheap to give in on the unlimited texting. The Chargers give it, the jets give it... it's time the Pats FO gets serious, too. Brady's lucky if he's got one season left in him. The window is closing!

Then it looks like we're in for a hold out. The Pats are too fricken cheap to give in on the unlimited texting. The Chargers give it, the jets give it... it's time the Pats FO gets serious, too. Brady's lucky if he's got one season left in him. The window is closing!

I agree with the Pats there, the guy is a rookie, he needs to prove himself on the field before he can demand unlimited anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes