In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
292wpxj.jpg

A flying Chung!

Extra pics:

2a5k4dt.jpg

121c2ub.jpg

Happy Mankins

Yeah, on that play--they gave him the 1st down, right? Did they even measure? Maybe I was off getting a GD snack & missed it.

Couldn't believe when they came back from commercial that it was a 1st down.

Did Kremer give Brady the come to bed eyes again this time?

The yellow line was out of place a few times. There was a time later in the game where the ball was almost a yard short of the yellow line, they measured, and it was a first down. Yellow line guy had a bad night.

The yellow line was out of place a few times. There was a time later in the game where the ball was almost a yard short of the yellow line, they measured, and it was a first down. Yellow line guy had a bad night.

LOL, yeah, that's very true. If it's going to be that shabby in future they'd be better to take it out. Almost cost me a TV when they came back and it was ruled a first down.

I saw it stretch diagonally across the field a couple of times, too.

It's actually the first time I've ever seen it be off, which is quite remarkable.

I still don't understand how they ruled that play on the Chung hit a first down. ANd you can see the orange marker on the sidelines; looks to me like the yellow line was right. Either way: Chung=difference maker

Last edited:
Nice to have an enforcer back on the team again

The amazing thing about that hit was the speed of it--Chung wasn't even in the picture, and then BAM. Actually, force of the hit was pretty amazing too.

Speed, strength, smarts, and leadership....I guess he might be pretty good.

The amazing thing about that hit was the speed of it--Chung wasn't even in the picture, and then BAM. Actually, force of the hit was pretty amazing too.

Speed, strength, smarts, and leadership....I guess he might be pretty good.

It was textbook clean too: No launch, no helmet.

It wasn't the yellow line guy who had a bad night; it was the 1st-down sticks guys...and the zebras.
They obviously all got discombobulated when they moved downfield because they ass-umed that the 1st qtr was finished; but when the Hines Ward play was correctly ruled incomplete (after about 5 mins in the booth - WTF was up with that?), they all had to return to their pre-incomplete positions, but in doing so f#*ked up the placement of the chains. If you taped or DVRed the game, go back to the point when the Squealers had 1st down on that series; the ball was on their 31.

The yellow line was correct; the dummies on the field were wrong - all wrong, all night long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes