Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Don't talk to him like that .This is his country. Not yours, not mine."

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Jun 8, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

What's the point here Wes? We're being bad again ... rude Americans?

Considering how many soldiers have been killed by suicide bombers disguised as civilians, ambulances, etc... I don't blame them one bit. It has to suck if your a civilian but it's soldiers saving lives so their saftey is everyones safety... sucks ... but it is what it is.

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Hey Wes you should join the military, volunteer for conbat and show everyone how to behave...

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Show thy enemy love and they will return with flowers and McDonalds.

5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

They'll get McDonalds whether they like it or not. That's what this war is all about

[​IMG]

6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

General Note for future ref..............

Whenever an article starts out with "I am not an America-basher. I have immense respect for U.S. troops, for all soldiers doing their government's military bidding in distant lands."

1) They are, and 2) they don't :rolleyes:

10. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe wes could put that in his signature, actually.

11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

F.B.N.

It certainly is ok to say "America is bad" when our actions are bad.

I get a kick out of people who just about refuse to criticize their country as if America is some sort of blessed land.

Guess what folks?? if we are blessed, so is every other country. We are not the chosen ones on this earth. We are just the wealthiest and most powerful...at this point in time

This planet and the people who populate it are not in a contest against one another. If we were, we'd be on a course for self-destruction. Because some day another country will be just as wealthy and may have a weapons arsenal just as advanced as ours. And when that day comes are we going to say,

"hey, that country is a very close #2, so let's destroy the country that is so we can stay #1?"

Now that would be very stupid, wouldn't it?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

Look everyone, it Michelle Obama, right here on our board, welcome Michelle:

The United States distributes more aid/food/ and money to other countries, THAN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, COMBINED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US has liberated:
    Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, South Korea, Germany, Italy, France and Japan (and that is just the last 60 years).

Let's not mention the fact that we have come to the defense of the United Kingdom and Russia.

As opposed to the countries in which we did not achive victory:
    Cuba, Vietnam, North Korea.

Gee, where would you rather live???

I would love to know what actions you think are "bad"?

I guess you are talking about the record amount of money that George Bush has spent to try and saved the continent of Africa?

I realize , Michelle, that you have been exposed to a slanted view of America, from your days in academia, and the Trinty "Church", but if you get away from talking to terrorists, you might find, that this is a the greatest nation on the planet (p.s. 30 million illegal Mexicans will tell you so too!).

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Ted, try getting an education somewhere...PLEASE!!

How about all the secret CIA plots we've done that you & I aren't privvy to?

And if you need help making a list of bad things this country has done, you need help period.

I love the United States and would die defending it. There is no place I'd rather live. But if you think it's un-American to criticize the wrongs your country does, then it's YOU who should leave.

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This should be good...

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

First of all a paul...political debate is an awesome priveledge we are afforded as citizen of this country. It's never personal...or at least it shouldn't be. I have nothing against anyone because they do not believe as I believe. That is what being a "Good American" is all about. Not only the tolerance of our differences, but actually holding them near & dear to our hearts. Take a look around...no one is alike. We all look different, talk different and believe differently. THAT is what makes America great..."us", the citizens of the United States of America.

But we need to be careful not to allow "Wealth" to become the number 1 objective of our government. The business of our government is it's people, not Big Business interests. And I believe we are approaching becoming the "The United States of America, Inc". It is my duty to never allow that to happen. Businesses are private enterprises and deserve no priveledge you and I are not afforded. We don't make military decisions based upon business opportunities...ever. To do so would be un-American.

I posted this on another thread, but thought it was just as appropriate here. Listen to one of our greatest presidents talk about how even he didn't trust the secret societies in this country. And believe me, they are responsible for a lot of evil acts.

But hey, it wasn't me who said these things, it was John F Kennedy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sQGeXrdR_DQ

Here's part of what he said,

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

16. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

Let me get this straight, I need an education because I don't cite "secret" plots that you admit, you have no idea, if there are any plots, or have any proof of, as evidence that the US is a bad country?

You are the one who needs an education, and not one from some liberal blabbing idiot professor. The CIA IS AN INTELLIGENCE GATHERING AGENCY!!!!! They gather intelligence, I've worked with the CIA, I know people who work with the CIA, I wish it was this dastardly thing you libs think it is. The US is prohibited by Jimmy Carter Executive order from assassinating other world leaders. If the CIA was so bad, why didn't they kill Bin Laden when the Somalis wanted to hand him over to Clinton? Why haven't they killed Castro?

OOOHH, I'm sorry I forgot I was speaking with Michelle Obama, the CIA has been too busy creating crack cocaine to keep the black man down. Honestly black people do not need the CIA's help to keep themselves uneducated and in poverty, all they need to do is to keep voting lockstep for the Democrats, who have made their lives that way.

Please Michelle, outside of the invetion of crack, what CIA plots, that we are not privy to, do you think happened????

17. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

You should ask JFK why he was so worried about US secret societies....oh, wait, someone killed him!:eek:

Look Ted, I don't believe the mainstream CIA is that secret. but black OPS and others within various arms of our government like the NSA.

If you want to believe there have never been secret military groups assembled by our government then go ahead. But ask yourself about the Red Scare of the 50's where lives were ruined. And that one was public.

Ask yourself why we allow members of secret societies hold public office? If we could only see a membership list of some of these groups, we'd be shocked.

What do you think about the JFK speech?

Oh, and BTW... if you label all democrats as being the same, you're un-American. We love our 2-party system, don't we Ted? Ok, lets have a one party system and just them run shyte everywhere. Let's not even have public elections.

Don Henley said it best...

"This is the end of the innocence
    O beautiful, for spacious skies
    But now those skies are threatening
    Theyre beating plowshares into swords
    For this tired old man that we elected king
    Armchair warriors often fail
    And weve been poisoned by these fairy tales
    The lawyers clean up all details
    Since daddy had to lie"

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705 / 7 / -2

A-*******-Men my friend. I try to tell people in here that all the time. ;)

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +705 / 7 / -2

I guess he wasn't talking about Operation Mongoose when he said that.