PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Read this if you have a weak stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last night on NEST it was announced that there is a new Football show coming on Thrusday nights.

It's called "Four Downs with Felger". But it gets worst. A regular on that show is Ron Borges.

Also, there will be Russ Francis and Don Banks of SI.

It follows the New England Tailgate show in whcih Glenn Ordway pretends he is interested in football.

So, get out your XTra Strength Tums because, if you are a Patriotholic like me , you'll watch it anyway. :eek:

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
So, get out you XTra Strength Tums because, if you are a Patriotholic like me , you'll watch it anyway. :eek:

That's my problem too, NUT! I know I'll be watching it because, well, I have no alternative. Although given the fact that I get so little Pats talk on the radio here, I'm somewhat of a glutton for Pats-related stuff whenever I get it whether it's good or not.

I have gotten pretty good at just taking things with a grain of salt and not taking anything said too seriously, so Felger and Borges do not bother me as much as many of you. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand them either, it just doesn't bog me down because I'm just happy getting a Pats fix during the week.

PATSNUTme said:
Last night on NEST it was announced that there is a new Football show coming on Thrusday nights.

It's called "Four Downs with Felger". But it gets worst. A regular on that show is Ron Borges.

It follows the New England Tailgate show in whcih Glenn Ordway pretends he is interested in football.

So, get out you XTra Strength Tums because, if you are a Patriotholic like me , you'll watch it anyway. :eek:

At this point, I'll take any football show. It might even be worthwhile to hear a negative or two about the Pats. Even though most of us wear Patriot tinted glasses, they do have some potentially fatal weaknesses. The Sox are dead, I wish sports talk shows would reflect that by trying to talk at least 25% football.

PATSNUTme said:

There is one benefit though. Knowing you, we'll have lots of new threads to read about. :D

I'll hate myself every Friday morning for watching it.

It should be good, the more football talk the better. It is bad enough I have to wade through the national shows just for a sniff about the Patriots. Borges is funny as hell, he has become a characteture of himself. Felger has gone more and more Hollywood since his radio show at least he likes football and has access to players \ coaches we would never have. It should be a nice contrast to the Tailgate show (which is terrible). Smerlas is embarrassing, I can tell you already next week he will predict a 16-0 season from the Pats without looking at the schedule or any analysis.

Please. :rolleyes:
I won't even waste my time watching that show. I have no interest in hearing anything any of those blowhards have to say.

At least they won't talk about the sox.

cstjohn17 said:
It should be good, the more football talk the better. It is bad enough I have to wade through the national shows just for a sniff about the Patriots. Borges is funny as hell, he has become a characteture of himself. Felger has gone more and more Hollywood since his radio show at least he likes football and has access to players \ coaches we would never have. It should be a nice contrast to the Tailgate show (which is terrible). Smerlas is embarrassing, I can tell you already next week he will predict a 16-0 season from the Pats without looking at the schedule or any analysis.

Give or take any of these shows, watch them periodically, but they are just a rehash...will not probably watch Felger and Borges.

I take issue with your comments on Smerlas, I like Fred he's a guy who can help me understand some of the complexities of this team(the different gap defenses) and the NFL. I am not a big fan of DeOssie though.

They should have Mike Reiss on. Then he could take up the whole show while he tries to get out what he thinks.

"Mike, what going on at Gillette Stadium?"

"Well, I found it interesting that in the locker room yesterday, Heath Evans' chair was turned around. I'm not saying you can conclude anything from this, I just found it odd. Also, Kelvin Kight changed his number to 85."

Just think how much fun it will be, given success, watching these guys eat crow each and every week.

PATSNUTme said:

So, get out your XTra Strength Tums because, if you are a Patriotholic like me , you'll watch it anyway. :eek:
Finally, an advantage for being a Pats fan who lives out of the area. :)

Last edited:
If you want to get all of the real scoop as to why the Patriots will lose each game as it comes up, THIS will be the place to 'get' the inside 'dope'.

As one who reads Felger's articles but has never heard him on the radio, I think he's very good. Time and again he raises issues that are much more interesting/insightful than other writers. Instead of being the 4th one that day with a "Rodney is back" article just because Rodney talked to the media the day before, Felger will find a new topic that I've never heard raised before, and which is actually more important to the Pats football-wise than one more human interest story.

I never skip a Felger article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back