PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't read if concerned about bad karma -- hypothetical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I swear to chant "the Patriots aren't going to win the Super Bowl" a 100 times and a few Hail Mary's (even though I'm Jewish) to make up for this, but I've always wanted to be at a post-SB parade and Southwest was selling plane tickets to Boston for $31 one-way... so I bought two for Feb. 7-8. They are fully cancelable, no commitment, it's just hypothetical!

So, for those not concerned about the thunderstorm of bad karma this might cause -- could someone tell me about what time of day the parade usually is and the general location? I'm pretty sure it's always on a Tuesday.

What a deal on tickets you got, thats awesome! I don't believe in Karma so your safe with me. I know anything can happen on any given Sunday and there is never a for sure thing in life but for the price you got it was a no brainer to grab a ticket at that price. I'm cheering for you to be able to use your ticket!

Isaac you are a brave man. You realize that if the Patriots do not win the SB you will be blamed.....

There's no such thing as karma, go for it. At worst you'll get some cheap vacation time in Boston. :p

The overconfidence of a fan has no bearing on the outcome of the Patriots fortunes. The overconfidence of players or coaches, yes that could very well strike a team down.

We're looking at you Rex. :rolleyes:

How can taking advantage of cheap tickets and planning a nice little vacay to Boston be a reason for bad karma? What a nice little coincidence it would be if the Patriots happened to win the Superbowl and they had the parade while you were visiting. Now that would be a nice little bonus to your already planned trip to take in the sites of Beantown.;)

Since we are on the subject about parades, did anyone catch the Bill Bilichick FX show on the NFL network this week? He read the Philly parade schedule to the Pats team before the game, I thought that was pretty funny.

As far as the times and places, it's always hard to tell and will probably depend on several factors. If I am recalling correctly, the last couple were around noon hour and went from Copley Square to City Hall Plaza.

I don't believe in karma either, but leave the Hail Marys out. Definitely bad karma for a Jew (I'm one as well). ;)

Since we are on the subject about parades, did anyone catch the Bill Bilichick FX show on the NFL network this week? He read the Philly parade schedule to the Pats team before the game, I thought that was pretty funny.

I really enjoyed his comment, "if you're interested in attending, here's the route..."

I swear to chant "the Patriots aren't going to win the Super Bowl" a 100 times and a few Hail Mary's (even though I'm Jewish) to make up for this, but I've always wanted to be at a post-SB parade and Southwest was selling plane tickets to Boston for $31 one-way... so I bought two for Feb. 7-8. They are fully cancelable, no commitment, it's just hypothetical!

So, for those not concerned about the thunderstorm of bad karma this might cause -- could someone tell me about what time of day the parade usually is and the general location? I'm pretty sure it's always on a Tuesday.

The bad karma will be that Boston's mayor " Mumbles Mennino ", will screw it up, and have the parade on Monday or Friday, so all the pols and city workers can have a long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back