PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont look now but here comes Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know Miami is still 4-6 ,but they are hitting thier peak now.. and that game on Dec 10th will be a battle... I will not be surprised if that game is a 800 game.. Miami is going to have a say before its all said and done..

Sean...I think we all know that Miami plays us tought. Nobody is underestimating them. In truth, their offense is absolutely horrendous. If you can keep from commiting turnovers, you'll beat Miami any day of the week.

We're 3 games ahead of them. Even if they beat us we're 2 ahead. Miami is done.

D O N E

BelichickFan said:
We're 3 games ahead of them. Even if they beat us we're 2 ahead. Miami is done.

D O N E

You could stick a fork in them. Well done. All that is left is for them to ruin their own draft pick.

I hope they keep winning. The lower the pick, the better.

Kdo5 said:
Sean...I think we all know that Miami plays us tought. Nobody is underestimating them. In truth, their offense is absolutely horrendous. If you can keep from commiting turnovers, you'll beat Miami any day of the week.

Kansas City didn't turn it over, they didn't exactly fair too well. With Miami, it's shooting themselves in the foot. If they can avoid costly turnovers deep in their own zone, they can beat any one. Today we had a fumble at the Vikings 1 yard line which was a 14 point swing, and we had a chop block on a 60 yard TD pass to Chambers. That game was no where near as close as the score said.

As for you guys saying they are ruining their draft pick, I will certainly take wins of 3 quality teams over 10 spots in the draft any day. Besides, if we take care of business in Detroit and beat a struggling and injured Jacksonville team, that makes us 6-6 going into the game with you fellas.

The Dolphins aren't dead yet, close, but still have a heartbeat. I'm not counting them out. ;)

Even if Miami win 9 straight, they can only go 10-6. They're 0-3 in the division, best they can go is 3-3 - the worst we can do is 4-2. So we would have to go 2-4 from here for them to have a chance of winning the division, which just isn't gonna happen.
And that's the only way they make post season. At least 2 of Jags, Bengals and Chiefs won't be playing after after New Years. And they'll all have better records than the Fish.

While it's probably unrealistic to think they'll make the playoffs, the Fins are playing pretty well right now, and since they always play the Pats tough anyhow, I see next month's game down there being a close one.

Personally, I would savor the moral victory of beating Miami. We let them win last year by not playing our first team, and, although everyone knows that, a loss is still a loss.

For some reason Miami always plays the Pats tough, so let's put them in their place with a resounding win. That will be very satisfying, and it would blow away any empty dreams they may have.

:)

Should'nt we worry more about the Jet's then Miami?
Last time I checked, the Jet's beat us, and are also right behind us.
... or are you saying we should watch out for the Miami game when it comes uip?

waspie (UK) said:
Even if Miami win 9 straight, they can only go 10-6. They're 0-3 in the division, best they can go is 3-3 - the worst we can do is 4-2. So we would have to go 2-4 from here for them to have a chance of winning the division, which just isn't gonna happen.
And that's the only way they make post season. At least 2 of Jags, Bengals and Chiefs won't be playing after after New Years. And they'll all have better records than the Fish.

I don't know, I still think there is a very good chance there is a 9-7 team in the playoffs this year. The Jags are playing horrible right now and Leftwhich is out for the year. If the Dolphins beat them, they would have the tiebreaker over them and the Chiefs. The team I'm most concerned about for our wildcard hopes is Cincinnati. We'll just see what happens but the Dolphins aren't dead in the race for the 6 seed. I have a pretty good feeling that we will be 6-6 going into our game with you guys and that might just get moved to Sunday night. Should be a doozy.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I don't know, I still think there is a very good chance there is a 9-7 team in the playoffs this year. The Jags are playing horrible right now and Leftwhich is out for the year. If the Dolphins beat them, they would have the tiebreaker over them and the Chiefs. The team I'm most concerned about for our wildcard hopes is Cincinnati. We'll just see what happens but the Dolphins aren't dead in the race for the 6 seed. I have a pretty good feeling that we will be 6-6 going into our game with you guys and that might just get moved to Sunday night. Should be a doozy.

Let's make a small wager whether you will be 6-6 when we meet......then, if you win, I can screw you the way you did me.

aqua hole,,,the man whose word = nothing.

From what I have seen its Jason Taylor scoring the points, not Joey Harrington.

Kdo5 said:
From what I have seen its Jason Taylor scoring the points, not Joey Harrington.

Hey I'd rather have a good defense then good offense. The last 3 games, it's worked for us.

Sandman, just get over it. It's impossible to try and reason with you. I've explained it to you thousands of times and you just don't listen. I just want to talk football.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The Dolphins aren't dead yet, close, but still have a heartbeat. I'm not counting them out. ;)
I expect the doctor will have to turn off the life support after December 10th.

They are really playing great right now. I pick them to contend for the 2010 SB.

jman924 said:
I expect the doctor will have to turn off the life support after December 10th.

HAHA! I like that. It should be a good game and if the Dolphins win that one, they are right in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes