Welcome to PatsFans.com

Don't let our gov't bail out banks again!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Sep 6, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

I can not believe this is even being discussed, but it is in some financial circles. The last "TARP" saw the biggest transfer of wealth from the avg. Joe & Jane to the wealthy in our history. Personally, I will do all that I can to ensure it won't happen again.

An Imminent Downturn: Whom Will Our Leaders Defend?

"The global economy is at a crossroad that demands a decision - whom will our leaders defend? One choice is to defend bondholders - existing owners of mismanaged banks, unserviceable peripheral European debt, and lenders who misallocated capital by reaching for yield and fees by making mortgage loans to anyone with a pulse. Defending bondholders will require forced austerity in government spending of already depressed economies, continued monetary distortions, and the use of public funds to recapitalize poor stewards of capital. It will do nothing for job creation, foreclosure reduction, or economic recovery."

Hussman Funds - Weekly Market Comment: An Imminent Downturn: Whom Will Our Leaders Defend? - September 5, 2011

This Time Will Governments And Central Bankers Bail Out Bondholders And Banks, Or The Public At Large?

Will Raising the Debt Ceiling Bail Out the Banks, Again? | Greg Hunter

If We Don't Break Up the Giant Banks NOW, They'll Be Bailed Out Again and Again ... Dragging the World Economy Down With Them | ZeroHedge
  2. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No more bail outs for ANYONE!.....

**** the banks, **** congress and **** the Prez, if they want to bail anyone out they can do it with there own money!

Banks atm can borrow money and near 0% and turn around and resell it at whatever they want, its bull****!
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

If we hear our president or congress announce a dire need to bail out our banks or there will be catastrophic results...DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!

I can guarantee you the banks would have survived had we not given them OUR money with TARP.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -10

W Buffett just put 5B into BoA, he also carries water for the administration he will get his bailout.

2 politicians are speaking out against crony capitalism, and 1 I know of has said no more bailouts.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

typical 13, has to bring this back to demonize Buffett because he disagrees with him politically. Sad.

Is Buffett asking for a bailout? How is he related to this topic?

-----------

Back to the actual topic... I'm skeptical this will happen, but if it does, nobody should be surprised. Were any real actions taken to prevent it from occurring again? Both sides of the aisle supported the bailouts, and maybe they were right - -there were reasonable fears.

But then neither side of the aisle did anything to prevent the same thing from happening.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -10

I am putting down a marker on a prediction. Obama will ask for a bailout for BoA when the time comes, I want to be on record as having predicted it.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Soros should bail everyone out ... then he could be POTUS.
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

You are on the record, 13.

Want to set any deadline for this, or are you just going to keep saying "it could still happen" rather than admitting to having been wrong?
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -10

If I could set the times of bank collapses I would have mad billions trading the markets already. Before the end of Obama's term since a Tea Party President won't bail out the banks.
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

I wasn't asking for the time. But noted -- sometime before Obama is out of office.

who are the "tea party" candidates, by the way? Bachman? Is Perry one?
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -10

Palin I hope her economic program sounds outstanding so far. Could live with Perry or Cain, not fond of Bachman but better than the current President.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

If our gov't bails out any bank again, I truly hope bombs explode in Washington...figuratively of course.
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

But are all 4 of them tea party?

That's what I'm wondering. Since there's no official tea party, and they're all republicans, I'm sincerely uncertain who is a tea party candidate for the republican nomination and who is not.