PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't give Peyton the credit - it wasn't him, it was business as usual for the Pats D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't give Peyton the credit - it wasn't him, it was business as usual for the Pa

IMO, I think that the fans not happy with the D are specifically looking at the 4Q performance. BB himself agreed that the D - and O - did not do well in the last few possessions during the 4Q.

And, considering the alarming ease with which opposing QBs got TDs in < four minutes in the 4Q of the last two games, you can't help but wonder with uneasiness if a 14 pt lead by the Pats is adequate with 10 minutes to go.

Queries on the highlighted section: was this how our D played in the fourth quarter? If yes, isn't this style giving away quick points?

Thanks!

No! The way the Texans Defense played in the final 40 seconds, of their game with the Jets, is how you give up quick scores...
:bricks:

Re: Don't give Peyton the credit - it wasn't him, it was business as usual for the Pa

No! The way the Texans Defense played in the final 40 seconds, of their game with the Jets, is how you give up quick scores...
:bricks:

No question that that type of D is unbeatable w.r.t. giving away a quick six points.

But these 4q TDs (data taken from a similar thread) of our two recent opponents, especiallly the time it took, are the concerns for those fans uneasy about our D in the 4Q:

Pitt
7 plays, 71 yds, 2:09, TD
5 plays, 53 yds, 1:48, TD
5 plays, 80 yds, 1:24, TD

Indy
7 plays, 73 yds, 2:26, TD
7 plays, 73 yds, 2:18, TD

Edit - don't bother replying in this thread AzPatsFan; I see that the other thread is also on the same subject and I will read those. Thx.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back