PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't expect an answer on Stallworth today

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the value of a QB that spreads the ball around to a stats-seeking WR?

Considering that his choices are

Vince Young (who cant throw)
Fumblepepper/Lemon

or Brady

Whats youre choice????:D

What's the value of a QB that spreads the ball around to a stats-seeking WR?

Most NFL GMs understand that successful deep threat guy averaging 3-4 passes a game at 20 ypc can actually be more valuable than someone averaging 8 passes a game at 10 ypc.

Had he been healthy he would have been good for 50 passes or so at 19 ypc last year. His health is part of what he needs to prove, but having a good QB who can get the ball to him 3 times a game is essential as well.

It's a lot of the fans who don't look much further than the number of catches. Stallworth and his agent understand this and also know that coming off a Super Bowl win can help secure a nice contract as well.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that the Patriots stand a better chance of winning a SB than Miami, Tennessee, or even San Francisco.

Last edited:
Im even getting sick of the Stallworth nonsense... And I want the guy on the team, Im at the point if he come great , if not oh well..

Here's a radical thought: why don't we let BB/SP decide when it is time to move on?

I am sure glad I don't have to do my job with thousands of amateur onlookers constantly commenting on what I should do.

Football is a job and any worker wants to get the most money they can for their services. However, the other part of a job is working conditions. If a player comes to the Pats they can enjoy winning a lot of football games and having a good shot at getting a ring. If Stallworth does not value the Pats working conditions, I say he's not someone we want to have on our team.

It's quite obvious the guy is saying all the right things to each team while looking for the biggest payday. I don't know if playing for the Pats will provide him with the stats that he will want in order to lan dhis next payday. He is about the $$ so personally I could pass on this guy. We may need a deep threat but we need a WR that is hungrier for a chmpionship rather than $$. How much money do you need?

Forget him.

I have no problem with Stallworth going out and trying to get the best deal he can. I actually think the longer he drags out the process, the MORE likely he will end up with us with an one year deal.

If Stallworth got the offer he wanted from any one of Miami, Philly, Tennessee, or the Pats; we would be signed today. Obviously no one is giving him remotely close to what he is asking for. That means he may be more willing to sign an one year deal and prove his worth rather than take a multiyear deal for less than he thinks he is worth.

He has stated Philly and the Pats are his first two choices. The Eagles are already preparing to move on looking at Kevin Curtis and signing Bethel Johnson. If Philly finds another WR to go with, Stallworth will then opt to sign an one year deal.

I don't know why people always trash a player when he is trying to get the best deal he can. Football is a business. People seem to be ok with it when we cut a player because he counts too much towards the cap or hasn't lived up to his contract, but alway call the player greedy when they try to make money on the open market.

If Stallworth insists of getting more than we think he is worth, we will move on. I think he is finding no one will pay him what he feels he is worth. I don't blame him for trying to get it though.

Cousins,
Why would we not want Curtis. Everybody tags him as a slot guy. He's not just a slot guy and can be a #1. He has as much speed as Stallworth, has hands and runs routes. He's smart and is the same size (5' 11" and 190 vs 6' and 196) as Stallworth and can take a hit. He caught 40 last year and Stallworth 38. Stallworths carrer YPC is 15 and Curtis in roughly 13. Curtis does not get hurt and Stallworth does. Curtis can play ST. Stallworth has Rosenlouse.

Why are we saying Curtis is a slot guy? Anybody know anything different? Do they sit Holt and "the Preacher'? No, he just had to play slot to get on the field.

He's cheaper, smarter and as productive. He wanted the west coast but now is looking further. He got fed up with his a** of an agent and wants to sign.

Gaffney, Curtis and Welker running loose in a three receiver set causes some problems (or a healthy CJ) Curtis can stretch the field too. Stallworth can stretch his hammy. 27 of Curtis' 40 cathches were for first downs.

DW Toys

I don't know why people always trash a player when he is trying to get the best deal he can.
I have not seen anyone here trash any player who says he wants to get the best contract he can.

Those who are trashed are those that say, "I want to stay in Philly" and then go to the highest bidder even though Philly made a decent offer. Or those who say that they are being disrespected by being offered 20 million dollars and that is why they won't sign the x team, even though they really really want to.

If they want to go to the highest bidder, moer power to them. But when they start this, "I want to play here or there" but all they really want is the most possible dollars, then they get trashed. Rightfully.

I never understood why guys would leave someplace they like to earn $30 million instead of staying when they are happy and only earning $25 million. Doesn't being happy count for anything? Can't youk be satisfied with $25 million in a place that you like as opposed to an extra five mill where youk are less happy? What good is money except to make you happy?

I like Pioli's interview with Reiss:

There was talk that you might be hired for a job with the New York Giants, your dream job. What went into your decision to stay with the Patriots?"

It comes down to quality of life and happiness. No disrespect to any other job opportunities that may have been out there or may come in the future, but you know what my dream job is? My dream job is being with people I care about, people that I want to work with, people that I enjoy coming to work with every day, whether it's coaches or ownership or the players. We've built something here that is pretty special. Quality of life has more to do with being happy, coming to work every day, and winning. The other thing that's paramount is we're winning here. It's a great situation, with a lot of great people, and I enjoy being here."

i agree with those who say that he should get the best contract he can. I don't think it will be with us...time to move on...

Here's a radical thought: why don't we let BB/SP decide when it is time to move on?

I am sure glad I don't have to do my job with thousands of amateur onlookers constantly commenting on what I should do.

i agree that Piolichick alone can decide but, frankly, i don't think they listen to or care what we thousands of amateurs have to say...so, as a fan with a vested emotional interest in the team, i'm going to continue to comment (but not constantly) on what they should do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back