Don't Expect a Return By Patriots Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Don't Expect a Return By Patriots Warren
By: Ian Logue

After several veterans were cut on Friday, despite reports that one or more could return if their salaries are restructured - it sounds like Ty Warren won't be one of them....

Hey guys, who was it that said (started a thread anyway) that Warren might be on the chopping block this season? I can't seem to find it. It was about 2 months ago, pre-lockout negotiations. Might of been a rumor. Slow news time, I think...

Anyway, wow. Talk about right on. I remember thinking "no way", but with a little voice saying "hmmm maybe, injured, getting a bit old, kinda douched us a bit with late surgery, definitely expensive..."

Anyway, well done to whoever came up with that conjecture. That's why I love this place. Extremely high level of keen collective football & NEP specific intelligence found nowhere else.

Hey guys, who was it that said (started a thread anyway) that Warren might be on the chopping block this season? I can't seem to find it. It was about 2 months ago, pre-lockout negotiations. Might of been a rumor. Slow news time, I think...

Anyway, wow. Talk about right on. I remember thinking "no way", but with a little voice saying "hmmm maybe, injured, getting a bit old, kinda douched us a bit with late surgery, definitely expensive..."

Anyway, well done to whoever came up with that conjecture. That's why I love this place. Extremely high level of keen collective football & NEP specific intelligence found nowhere else.

Probably me. I was the one who gave him a hard time about blowing off the OTAs to get his freaking degree. I was roasted by everyone her on this board but I was right.

So Ty buddy; how's that degree working out for you now?

Lol he's a millionaire with a degree --- probably workin out ok.

How's not getting that degree workin' out for you?

Probably me. I was the one who gave him a hard time about blowing off the OTAs to get his freaking degree. I was roasted by everyone her on this board but I was right.

I think you're right--this alienated the coaching staff.

I read in this forum too that he showed up out of shape.

Is this true?

I just think this is a mistake to release a rested, proven performer. Ty Warren will have a very good year somewhere else.

And we'll rue the day we cut him. Mark my words.

That would probably be this thread:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/744669-warren-bubble.html

A trip down memory lane:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...warren-missing-practices-work-his-degree.html
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/357007-what-happened-ty-warren.html

Must be that "football isn't important to him anymore" - and BB probably noticed it some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes