PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dont count the chickens before they are hatched

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsgo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Adam Shefter is not b.b. and pioli, the pats may have interest but a deal is probably no where near done, things can change quickly with the amount of dough out there, im just not taking what shefter said that a deal is imminent, i heard him and what i heard was interest, and could sign, there is a long way to go

Adam Shefter is not b.b. and pioli, the pats may have interest but a deal is probably no where near done, things can change quickly with the amount of dough out there, im just not taking what shefter said that a deal is imminent, i heard him and what i heard was interest, and could sign, there is a long way to go

I don't blame you. Last offseason, Shefter was wrong on a lot of free agents. He prematurely reported that Lavar Arrington was going to Jacksonsville--didn't happen. Then he reported he would sign with some other team and that didn't happen. There were other players he was wrong with too so I stopped trusting the guy a long time ago.

i think Shefter's point was more to the fact that most people ruled out the Patriots because they are not known to spend big money in the FA market and that he's heard something to the contrary relative to the amount NE would be willing to spend to get Thomas.

I don't believe that there is any kind of deal or anything in place or even discussed.

He hasn't even visited the team yet.

I think Shefter just thinks that NE will be bigger players than anyone anticipated.

But yes, we shouldn't be counting any chickens.

So effing what? We can't talk about what is going on and who might go where until next September?

This is no different than draft talk on the Patsfans draft board. No one knows who will be drafted by whom, but we all are having fun with "what if..."

If you don't like to hear about the latest news and rumors, why log in on the day free agency starts?

I don't blame you. Last offseason, Shefter was wrong on a lot of free agents. He prematurely reported that Lavar Arrington was going to Jacksonsville--didn't happen. Then he reported he would sign with some other team and that didn't happen. There were other players he was wrong with too so I stopped trusting the guy a long time ago.

damn i thought schefter was good didnt realize he has a track record of being wrong. way to burst a bubble. I was cautiously optimistic anyhow.

Enough people have said the Pats are going to be agressive to think the Pats have a legitimate shot at landing Thomas, but if San Fran offers a stupid contract the Pats probably won't match or beat it just to get him. I think they will pay to get him though.

there has been a ton of misinformation out there, just because reporters are rushing to beat everyone

I wonder what we would all do without this owl-like sageness?

Don't believe everything you read from sports writers?

No ****!

NM

So effing what? We can't talk about what is going on and who might go where until next September?

This is no different than draft talk on the Patsfans draft board. No one knows who will be drafted by whom, but we all are having fun with "what if..."

If you don't like to hear about the latest news and rumors, why log in on the day free agency starts?
no one wants it more than me but that is reality, if that bothers you its not my problem, you can log on to a fantasy league , maybe thats what your looking for

I agree with you Pats go. It's one thing to invite some high profile

players in for a visit and another to come up with the money to sign

them. Every year the Pats talk to a few such players.

no one wants it more than me but that is reality, if that bothers you its not my problem, you can log on to a fantasy league , maybe thats what your looking for

Au contraire - it is you who is in the wrong place.

We dont need people coming on here telling us to relax, those of us sporting multiple brain cells already understand the meaning and the ramifications of free agency speculation.

Im wondering what earth shattering pronouncements you have in store for us?

Colts announced as 2006 SB Champs maybe?

NM

Thanks, Captain Obvious. :rolleyes:

I agree with you Pats go. It's one thing to invite some high profile

players in for a visit and another to come up with the money to sign

them. Every year the Pats talk to a few such players.
i do think the pats are going to be very active belicheck doesnr life to loose and they have plenty of cap room, but what you want is not always what you get, case in point, mr. mason, mr. law, mr. townsend,mr.thornton,etc.

Au contraire - it is you who is in the wrong place.

We dont need people coming on here telling us to relax, those of us sporting multiple brain cells already understand the meaning and the ramifications of free agency speculation.

Im wondering what earth shattering pronouncements you have in store for us?

Colts announced as 2006 SB Champs maybe?

NM
i have a right to speak which i did thats my opinion if you dont like it move on, im speaking reality, reading some of the comments on this forum i would believe he had already signed, i think its way to much optimism over one guys report thats my opinion, again if you donyt like reality move on to the post that has thomas configured in defensive schemes

i have a right to speak which i did thats my opinion if you dont like it move on, im speaking reality, reading some of the comments on this forum i would believe he had already signed, i think its way to much optimism over one guys report thats my opinion, again if you donyt like reality move on to the post that has thomas configured in defensive schemes

I think your past Schefter screw ups were a decent addition to the discussion. while i am still optimistic I think cation should be used.

I think your past Schefter screw ups were a decent addition to the discussion. while i am still optimistic I think cation should be used.
that was my point i hope the hell we get him

Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

OK Salty's beginning to get to me. He and I seem to agree on nearly every football point (what fun is that?) and he's even beating me with one liners.

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz - and my opinion stands that your opening post contained almost lethal amounts of condenscension and vapidity.

Thats my right to post that.

If you look at the posts and they read like he has already signed then you need to improve your reading comprehension skills.

NM

Last edited:

OK Salty, I've just gotta ask. back when the Boston Globe had a Pats chat room, there was a regular Dolphins fans chatter who called himself Salty. I haven't heard from him since they canned Wannstadt. Are you him? Did you finally come over to the "dark side"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes