Asking for your support

Volmer...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tackles are overpaid and an injury prone one shouldn't be. We have a talented line staff and can draft offensive lineman. Defense should fill up most of this cap. Pass rushers not Pass blockers.

Yes bring him back. I know Dante is the best in the business but I don't want an OL that's good enough, I want an OL that's very good.

When healthy, there's no better RT in the league. Yes the injuries make things difficult to deal with, but letting a player as talented as he is walk away and then having to spend at least one pick on a replacement, who may very well not work out, doesn't make sense to me.

Bring him back AND draft someone who can play the spot.

I agree with Crazy Patriot Guy, you can't just expect Dante to build the perfect line out of no-bodies, the key to a strong offense is a good line. Get Vollmer back on a team-friendly 1-year deal. Still plenty of cap space to make a good deal here.

Vollmer*...

Depends on the money obviously.

Yeah, we need some big beast who can go up and catch a ball. Remember all those championships in the Moss years? Child please. Linemen are the heart/soul of the team.
Sign Seabass now!!

If he can be signed for a reasonable contract, I say do it. If he wants All Pro LT that doesn't get injured money, well, OL is one area where the Pats have had good luck plugging guys in without a huge amount of drop off.

When I voted I see we have two MORONS.

The question does not mention $$. I assume he is signed at what you think he's worth - and you would know. Was he fighting through an injury? I don't know, but the guys signing him do.

Will he likely get that injury again? I don't know, but the people signing him would have a good idea.

Besides, morons, it is the off season. Offer him no signing bonus unless he makes the team, and he is essentially cap free if you end up cutting him because he now sucks and you were wrong. (Assuming you cut him before any bonus kicks in.)

Heck, if it is free all you waste is a scouts time watching him work out. Heck, sign my dead Grandmother to wide receiver and see if she has anything left.

Tackles are overpaid and an injury prone one shouldn't be. We have a talented line staff and can draft offensive lineman. Defense should fill up most of this cap. Pass rushers not Pass blockers.
Your poll is legitimate. Your comment is past ridiculous :rolleyes:.....and the results so far just proves it out.

This is beginning to sound like the Jet's board.

Can't anyone have an OPINION around here?

I think Brady is over rated .

Tackles are overpaid and an injury prone one shouldn't be. We have a talented line staff and can draft offensive lineman.

I'd rather go with the known and that's Vollmer. I want a wall around Brady and Vollmer plays an important part of that wall. If the pats can get him for reasonable money then why not what do we as fans have to lose? If his injury was a concern I think they would've moved on by now. They have not.

Defense should fill up most of this cap. Pass rushers not Pass blockers.

How about both? $15 mill in cap gives you that luxury. Vollmer and Abraham can be included in this squad and you still have money and the draft left.

Depends on the money obviously.

Exactly - it also depends on the medical prognosis for his back condition, and last but not least his agent Ben Droga, who is part of the CAA Sports Agency, whose clients include 50% of the QBs (Peyton, Brees, Griffin, Rivers).

But at the right price (give or take 10-20%) well worth having especially with Cannon as back-up.

Is there any news on Volmer? I haven't heard of any other teams inquire about him.

I agree with the OP's insane and unjustifiable comments.

When he's out there and reasonably healthy, he makes a huge positive difference in the overall performance of the OL. I'm very much looking forward to Volmer and the team working something out, and having him here for at least a few more years.

Odds are that Vollmer will be re-signed for a short term value deal. Why wouldn't we want him back unless the Pats know more about his back problems than they are letting on.

Other teams know the concerns about his back. The market is soft this year. No one is going to give him a big deal. Likely he will come back on an one or two year deal and try to cash in next year or the year after.

This is beginning to sound like the Jet's board.

Can't anyone have an OPINION around here?

I think Brady is over rated .

My opinion is that your opinion is ******* ******ed. What, am I not entitled to express my thoughts?

Yeah, let's not have any sort of discussion about any topics in a MESSAGE BOARD. You expose what your opinion is, I state mine, and that's the extent of every conversation we should have here. Some people are so sensitive, man, it's like they take it personally when someone strongly disagrees with something they say.

I agree,tackles are overrated and the Patriots already have one on the left side. Better they simply go with the left tackle and use the body on defense. If they can go with a 5-3-4 defensively it will improve the defense significantly, and Scarnecchia can make do with 4 OL instead of the normal 5.

"Take him vs. leave him" doesn't really cover it, IMO. I'd love to have him back, but it all depends on the money and the length of the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back