PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't be surprised to see this kid in a pats uni next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last edited:
He's be a great WR or DB, except that he's never played either very much and didn't look at all natural as a WR at the Senior Bowl. He's a no-go as a QB.

But although he can't do any of those WELL, he can do all of them. So he should be taken in the 3rd ahead of people who can actually play their position much better than him? I doubt it. I think he'll be lucky to be drafted.

mcbee said:
He's be a great WR or DB, except that he's never played either very much and didn't look at all natural as a WR at the Senior Bowl. He's a no-go as a QB.

But although he can't do any of those WELL, he can do all of them. So he should be taken in the 3rd ahead of people who can actually play their position much better than him? I doubt it. I think he'll be lucky to be drafted.
There is NO way he goes undrafted. This kind of attitude and athleticism will get him taken no later than round 4. Keep in mind that Randall El didn't play WR in college either..he turned out ok.

The sporting news said that Cowher was drooling over this kid. I think Pittsburgh has him locked, probably a lot earlier than others teams would take him.

I'm not sure how Michael will turn out in the NFL. However, as a PSU
alum. I will be forever grateful for the leadership he showed in helping
bring our program out of a dreadful stretch. Allowing Joepa to go out
the way he should. At, or near the top. FYI. Mr. Posluszny had a lot
to do with it too. If he can get up to 245, I would love to see us draft
him next year.

My .02 on MROB(That's what PSU fans call). I don't see him as a
Randle-EL. WR and kick returner. He's a big strong kid. I see him as
a rb. During the Minny game he knocked their safety out of the game.
And unfortunately for the kid from Minny his shoulder injury was so
bad he has to quit football. MROB was running down the sideline and
I think the safety thought he could just push him out of bounds. MROB
dropped his shoulder and ko'd the kid. Brutal hit. Looked something
like Rodney Harrison would do. Not what a qb can do.

KDPpatsfan said:
Michael Robinson...Penn State. I love the article and I think he could have the type of versatility that BB and SP covet. WR,RB, and QB in a pinch...not to mention what BB could do with him defensively if needed. Good hungry attitue also. I think he could be had with a third rounder. Here is the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2400350

Versatility only works if you're good enough to get on the field at all these positions. It's been my anti-Klecko argument for two years now. I don't think we have room on the roster for someone who's not going to play at all this year. Robinson would be our #4 QB, #7 RB, #6 WR. Maybe he can return kicks. Hell, I can go and be the #11 QB, #10 WR, #27 RB, #53 CB, #43 LB and #7 Long Snapper on the roster, and I won't cost nearly as much for the same amount of playing time.

Please don't take it personally. I just absolutely hate the "BB wants him because of his versatility -- saves roster spots" justification. If it's a guy like Randle-El, who is a starting caliber WR and can back up QB, fine. But the guy has to at least be a primary backup at one position before he starts saving roster spots. Otherwise he's costing roster spots.

dryheat44 said:
Versatility only works if you're good enough to get on the field at all these positions. It's been my anti-Klecko argument for two years now. I don't think we have room on the roster for someone who's not going to play at all this year. Robinson would be our #4 QB, #7 RB, #6 WR. Maybe he can return kicks. Hell, I can go and be the #11 QB, #10 WR, #27 RB, #53 CB, #43 LB and #7 Long Snapper on the roster, and I won't cost nearly as much for the same amount of playing time.

Please don't take it personally. I just absolutely hate the "BB wants him because of his versatility -- saves roster spots" justification. If it's a guy like Randle-El, who is a starting caliber WR and can back up QB, fine. But the guy has to at least be a primary backup at one position before he starts saving roster spots. Otherwise he's costing roster spots.
No offense taken...I just disagree with you. I think this kid can excel at WR,RB or Safety with this staff coaching him. Just because he has not played WR or RB or Safety recently does not mean he won't be good. Hell the Jags took the kid from arkansas as a wr in the first and he wasn't a quarter of the athelete Robinson is. I'm just saying that I would be thrilled to see him in a Pats uni for a third. And I agree that Klecko is not good enough at anything to be on this team next year. And PLEASE!!! I can not think of more than 3 RB's who would be better...Dillon,Faulk,Pass. No don't even let Heath Evans escape your lips!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots