PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donovan McNabb MvP related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone thinks Donovan Mcnabb is the NFL MVP thus far in the season.

I was curious because i have yet to hear ANYTHING about this possibility.

Of all the radio stations, internet sites, espn, or NFL network, i have yet to hear anything about McNAbb being the MVP of the season as of now.

I was wondering if anyone thought that, because he is playing good.... soo good, in fact, that he could possibly be considered the mvp as of now.

what do u guys think?
have u heard or seen anything?

(Barf...)

I don't know if this thread is serious or not... but I do think Donovan is playing very well right now and it's not a far-fetched notion that he is the MVP thus far. He's putting up incredible numbers, and is a complete turnaround from last season. My other MVP candidates are: Drew Brees, Rex Grossman and Steve Smith.

edgecy said:
I don't know if this thread is serious or not... but I do think Donovan is playing very well right now and it's not a far-fetched notion that he is the MVP thus far. He's putting up incredible numbers, and is a complete turnaround from last season. My other MVP candidates are: Drew Brees, Rex Grossman and Steve Smith.
it's sarcastic.

C'mon Keegs, he has to be legitimately considered, only players beloved of the pundits ever had a chance anyay.
The perennial favorite followed the former McNabb formula of overexposure. Remember how you could never, ever turn on a program that had any link to football without seeing Donovan McNabb, his mommy, and the kids who wanted him to teach them about football? This year, Peyton has made McNabb's promotional excess seem like a one and done exercise.
Dante Culpepper was a preseason favorite to win, based on expectations he was going to throw another 4,000 yards to Chris Chambers, the new Randy Moss. Since Dante got a chance to actually play, that idea went down the toilet quickly.
Which means one of the next pundit favorites (and McNabb was that until TO made the impressionable class remember who had lobbyed to get him to Philly). Tommy was taken off the list with a sigh of relief after Deion was traded (some are now picking him as the best QB, but none wanted him for league MVP, draw your own bias conclusions). Micheal Vick refuses to throw enough to win MVP. Palmer plays in Cincinnati (an automatic disqualification from people blaming the cooking for their acid relux). Rothlesberger's smile suddenly reminded them of coal miner's daughters, the kind they met in their cub reporter days. Brett Favre's team scared them away before the season started, no way was he going to toss the rock enough.
That clearly leaves McNabb by default. Enjoy the hype. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots