PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donovan McNabb Is The League's MVP Thus Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
If things keep going the way they're Donovan McNabb is a shoe in for the league's MVP this year.McNabb is back to elite QB staus IMO.Who else agrees with me?

McNabb beat the Texans, the Packers, the 49ers and the choking Drew Bledsoe, but had a 4th Q melt-down to the Giants (the best team he's played). Of course he padded his stats against those awful defenses. If McNabb plays well over his last 6 games (@Indy, Carolina, @NYG, @Wash, @Dal, Atlanta) then he has a chance to win it. The structure of the Eagles O is inherently flawed, and Andy Reid never does anything to change it. The O is so focused on McNabb that if the QB has an off day the team has zero chance to win. The massive physical and mental responsibility placed on McNabb take a toll and come the end of the year he is drained, beaten up and feeling immense pressure on his shoulders, with no help to ease the weight. McNabb is like Peyton Manning in that respect (although better IMO, because he doesn't need star WRs).

Last edited:
what meltdown? that was their D that blew it. he had his 2nd best game of season there. what does Bledsoe choking have to do with McNabb playing well?

i think he deserves it so far..hes done it without TO. Without Stallworth for a few games. each week they've had a new leading WR.

Remix 6 said:
what meltdown? that was their D that blew it. he had his 2nd best game of season there. what does Bledsoe choking have to do with McNabb playing well?

i think he deserves it so far..hes done it without TO. Without Stallworth for a few games. each week they've had a new leading WR.

That is exactly what I was thinking. The guy has over 1600 yards in 5 games he is on pace for a 5000 yard season. FWIW he didn't have any turn overs in that Giants game.

Remix 6 said:

Donovan couldn't get the crucial 1st downs in the 4th Q to ice the game against the NYG. An MVP would have got them.

Haterproof said:
If things keep going the way they're Donovan McNabb is a shoe in for the league's MVP this year.McNabb is back to elite QB staus IMO.Who else agrees with me?

I disagree. Rex Grossman is the one who has the Bears where they are. Yes, they have a great defense, but that offense is putting up over 30 points a game.

While I doubt he has the consistency needed to do this for a full season, McNabb is the runaway MVP of the league right now.

McNabb has always been good. I knew he'd rebound, I have him on my fantasy team. The rest of my team can be junk and I am still leading everyone in the league.

Do league MVP's lose to the Saints?

Sir Otilc said:

do SB Contending coaches call 15 pass plays in a row when your RB is averaging 5ypc? Saints are actually a pretty good team this year. they havent versed good competition till ATL, Panthers and now Eagles but neither have we.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Wasn't me. :D I didn't do it. :D

i knew it NEM..your really ANDY REID!

Sir Otilc said:
The Saints look like a playoff team IMO (Good QB,great RB Duo and a good defense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes