Welcome to PatsFans.com

donnie edwards?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bradybunch, Jun 7, 2006.

1. bradybunch

bradybunch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0

Perhaps you could quote a passage from it - it's password protected. Not the whole thing, of course, as that's illegal. By the way, if this is just a rumor and nothing more specific (or new), don't bother. This possibility has been knocking around the threads for a month now.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

It just says there's some rumblings about the Patriots being interested, that's it. Sure glad I didn't pay for this little nugget :rolleyes: (I know someone who does).
  4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i dont want him..hes old and wants money..all he did in SD was keep asking for more money and he wasnt liked too much..i've kept in touch with a Charger fan and he told me this..i'll post what he said

edit

"That goes to show that Edwards isn't as great as people make him out, there is a reason why he's always 'snubbed' from the Pro Bowl. He's the weak link in the Chargers run defense (yes it is possible for one in the best run defense last year). He either had to chase down people who got by him, or was dragged 3-4 yards extra after the first hit."

asked how big of a factor he was in top run D

"I think he was the weak link. Sure he had over 100 tackles, but you know, 56% of those tackles were made after gains of 4 yards by the offense, a linebacker shouldn't allow 4 yards at all. Donnie isn't that great, Wilhem on the other hand has potential to be 100 tackle guy, but he won't let people get 4 yards on him."
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  5. bradybunch

bradybunch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

could be right

but who knows i just cant wait for training camp!

LB Donnie Edwards remains on the trading block. There have been some rumblings the Patriots might be interested in the Chargers' leading tackler in each of the past four seasons. Edwards is in the last year of his contract.

After losing Matt Chatham, Chad Brown and Willie McGinest, the Patriots are relatively thin at linebacker behind the starters. Edwards may not have the prototypical size the Patriots like for their linebackers, but his playmaking ability makes him an intriguing possibility.

The Patriots currently have veterans Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Rosevelt Colvin penciled in as the starters with Tully Banta-Cain, Eric Alexander and Monty Beisel as the backups. Edwards could be a significant upgrade at the position over free agent Barry Gardner who joined the team May 8th.
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

7. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32 / 3 / -2

I agree ... stay with the youth movement. No need to regress.