PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donnie Edwards for next years 2nd or 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
We didn't address LB too well in this draft. Does anyone think Donnie Edwards is worth a 2nd or 3rd next season. It may not even come to a trade if he is released after June 1st. But I'd rather be safe than sorry and not have to compete with teams under the cap. I'm pretty sure it was out there that San Diego was looking to move him but had no takers evidently. Do you think if we were able to aquire him via a trade or his release that it would make up for the lack of defense addressed in the draft?

Personally I liked the draft and we did address RB,WR and K. However I must say I am a spoiled child and want everything here and now. Is there another upcoming trade or another LB to be released that would ease your minds?

id be willing to trade a 3 or 4 for him. Maybe we could throw in Bethel with a 4th rounder to get a deal done.

Patriot Missile said:
We didn't address LB too well in this draft. Does anyone think Donnie Edwards is worth a 2nd or 3rd next season. It may not even come to a trade if he is released after June 1st. But I'd rather be safe than sorry and not have to compete with teams under the cap. I'm pretty sure it was out there that San Diego was looking to move him but had no takers evidently. Do you think if we were able to aquire him via a trade or his release that it would make up for the lack of defense addressed in the draft?

Personally I liked the draft and we did address RB,WR and K. However I must say I am a spoiled child and want everything here and now. Is there another upcoming trade or another LB to be released that would ease your minds?
I know I'm in the minority but I'mokay with the LBs we have at this time. Rather than get Donnie for a couple of years, I'd rather develop Mincey and/or Roach.

I think I've made my feelings on the subject well known in two forums.

I'd trade next years third, Bethel Johnson, and Monty Beisel for Shaun Phillips.

mavfan2390 said:
I'd trade next years third, Bethel Johnson, and Monty Beisel for Shaun Phillips.
There is this basic rule of trading that in order to get someone good you have to give someone good. If some other team had Bethel and Monty, would you trade a good LB to get them? Well, neither would they.

spacecrime said:
I know I'm in the minority but I'mokay with the LBs we have at this time. Rather than get Donnie for a couple of years, I'd rather develop Mincey and/or Roach.

This wreaks of Kool-Aid but I get a real good feeling concerning Mincey...real, real good. Not Pro-Bowl good but steady and productive good.

I'm only thinking we need one LB who can pick up the schemes quickly. Ofcourse we are set with Colvin,Bruschi and Vrabel. Even if Mincy and Claridge work out it would be nice to have more depth incase of injuries etc.

Personally I think this might get done knowing BB and his admiration for veterans.

I know the pick is a year away but that's too high a price for me to pay.

I'm copying this from KFFL, I didn't write it :

"I went to the draft party at Gillette. One of the people who came to the group to speak and answer questions was defensive coordinator Dean Pees. He said a couple of interesting things regarding linebackers. One was that if you watched Biesel early in the year and then in the last playoff game - it was like watching a different player. Particularly after he got to work with Bruschi. He was very pleased with Biesel's performance against Denver. Believes he made great progress. Clear interpretation here was that Biesel is more in our plans than you might think."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back