PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donnie Edwards A Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
INCOMING!!

foxhole.jpg

Good Lord. Can we play stop with the Newbies posting stuff that is suuuuuch old news as to be laughable? Seriously. I'm glad there's fresh blood and entuhsiasm here, but this is silly. This thread makes an old story sound like a possible UPDATE, progress, breaking news. AAAIIIGGGHHH.

The timing and wording of this thread make it seem like something actually happened.

Then i read it and it sounds like a buncha crap ive read before.

This is the equivalent of me making a Thread talking about how we drafted Mahoney.

abejarano12 said:
I just took at the Goble http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=140160
And it looks like Donnie Edwards might want out of San Deigo. If that is the case then we should give a contract quick. He would be a great help on the inside with Tedy. That would move Mike back to the outside.
1. It is OLD news.

2. It isn't even news. It is merely speculation by a stupid writer.

3. It isn't even specualtion. The writer says Smith says he won't release Edwards. ("Some expect San Diego to either waive or trade the 33-year-old, although Smith says he won’t.") It is merely dreaming by a stupid writer who should be talking to people, not making up stuff to meet a deadline.

4. Did you attend the LAW&ORDER school of thread titling?

Now guys, don't be jumping on this just because it had been posted on other threads about 8 times already.

There are some posters here that think, or shall I say feel, everything and and anything is just "A OK" to post here. And, those of us that point out these things are mean spirited whiners.

PATSNUTme said:
Now guys, don't be jumping on this just because it had been posted on other threads about 8 times already.

There are some posters here that think, or shall I say feel, everything and and anything is just "A OK" to post here. And, those of us that point out these things are mean spirited whiners.

Maybe you could explain why it irritates you so much. I just can't possibly fathom why it's even worth raising a stink over.

abejarano12 said:
I just took at the Goble...

What the heck is the Goble?

I could see if you meant the Globe, but the story you reference is from the Herald.

huskeralk said:
Maybe you could explain why it irritates you so much. I just can't possibly fathom why it's even worth raising a stink over.

I could explain it to someone who might understand the concept. But, I don't think you are one of them.

If you can't or don't want to understand why it is unacceptable to make remarks about a players skin color, then this one is way over your head.

huskeralk said:
Now what are you whining about? Can't anyone post anything without your complaining about it.

Jeez, man, what do you care what irritates other people.

spacecrime said:
Now what are you whining about? Can't anyone post anything without your complaining about it.

Jeez, man, what do you care what irritates other people.

Did somebody say something? That silly ignore button. ;)

spacecrime said:
3. It isn't even specualtion. The writer says Smith says he won't release Edwards. ("Some expect San Diego to either waive or trade the 33-year-old, although Smith says he won’t.") It is merely dreaming by a stupid writer who should be talking to people, not making up stuff to meet a deadline.

Well, it's at least speculation. I think the writer got the quote wrong, and it should have been: ...says he won't release Edwards". Smith has gone out of his way to say that he IS looking to trade Edwards several times, including an interview with Rich Eisen about two weeks ago.

He may release him yet. The GM who would say that "Yes, we're going to release this player" while trying to trade him shouldn't be an executive in anything higher than tee-ball.

dryheat44 said:
Well, it's at least speculation. I think the writer got the quote wrong, and it should have been: ...says he won't release Edwards". Smith has gone out of his way to say that he IS looking to trade Edwards several times, including an interview with Rich Eisen about two weeks ago.

He may release him yet. The GM who would say that "Yes, we're going to release this player" while trying to trade him shouldn't be an executive in anything higher than tee-ball.

Why are you bringing facts to this thread? Things were going so well.

Lol.

Isn't Edwards 34?

Also I think he's a bit over the hill, and would only be a very short term solution.

And he will most likely ask for a big contract.....which he won't get!

This is like the Law situation imo. The Pats kept hoping someone would offer something reasonable for him. Noone did and we ended up cutting him. He subsequently signed on for no pick compensation as a free agent. Mark my words Edwards will be cut. The Pats just have to hold their cards and wait it out. That is if they have any interest in him, we can't even be sure of that.

what are all these posts about? nothing.

huskeralk said:
Did somebody say something? That silly ignore button. ;)
there are people on this board i don't 'like', preposterous as that is. some peoples' posts routinely bang me off.
y'all are both good posters, and what else matters?
have mercy on us all.

ilduce06410 said:
there are people on this board i don't 'like', preposterous as that is. some peoples' posts routinely bang me off.
y'all are both good posters, and what else matters?
have mercy on us all.

That was just a little jab at spacecrime and nobody else. I'm sure he is aware of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back