Welcome to PatsFans.com

Donating to this website

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 27, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I just wanted to post my thoughts on donating to help support this webiste. I would love to help out but unfortunately, the only options for donating are to have money automatically withdrawn from members accounts on a monthly basis indefinately.

Many people, like myself never donate to any cause on those terms. People often forget to cancel those types of withdrawals.

I and others would gladly donate on a one-time basis if that were available. I just wanted to put this out there in hopes such an option becomes available. I think 150 donations is horrible and believe it would increase ten-fold if the one-time donation became available.

PR

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

It is a one time donation!!!

3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

When the option first came up, I went to donate and the only options were to have money withdrawn monthly....I'll have to check it out to see. From what you're saying, it's changed.

4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I just looked DarrylS, and it is NOT a once time donation. Here is the wording;

"This donation is set up as a recurring subscription through the messageboard software. If you wish to cancel and not have it renew, simply let me (Ian) know via PM and I will cancel it before it renews. Your account permissions will simply revert back to the same as a normal free registration."

I don't donate to anything that is "RECURRING" and I'm sure there are many others who agree. If I donated to 10 causes with recurring policy, I'd forget about them and would be donating indefinately. I'm just not comfortable with recurring donation policy and don't understand why they are ever used at all.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

I had contacted Ian about this earlier. It is a recurring once per year donation, but if you have any suggestions or questions, the best thing to do would be do PM Ian, who does not often visit this forum. If you get other info from him, please post it.

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Ok...I'll pm Ian and get post his response.

Update: I pm'd Ian and suggested he change the recurring policy or offer another option. I follow up with his response.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009