Welcome to PatsFans.com

Donald Rumsfeld: GREAT secretary of defense or GREATEST secretary of defense?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Phokus

Phokus Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A new story came out about how rummy threatend to fire anyone in the military who planned a post invasion strategy of Iraq. After reading that, i thought to myself, "Man, i'm so glad Bush decided to keep rummy on even though he offered his resignation twice. This is a man who is not afraid to conduct a war using strategies that fly in the face of all logic and reasoning. I want to teach my children to be JUST like this man! God bless Rumsfeld, God Bless Bush and God Bless America!"

So i submit this question to you: Great or Greatest secretary of defense?

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/world/09/09/9iraqrumsfeld.html

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think he is every bit as good as Robert McNamara!

3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The lesson is as always, Believe EVERYTHING you read.

4. Phokus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The silence of the rightwing crowd is very telling.

5. Phokus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow, still no replies? Do republicans just close their eyes and shut the ears or something? Amazing and pathetic.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You need to offer more options like, "largest steaming pile of sh-t" and "worst lying traitor of them all".

7. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now if we could only get that article some national attention, maybe all the neocon POS 's would shut their yaps!

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Not sure where to start on this one but several things come to mind.

1: The Iraq war was actually an extension of the no-fly zone war. Our jets were already softening up Iraq targets and dumb Saddam was giving them reason to. He kept flying into the no-fly zone and driving the scud trucks around...Bush used that to his advantage...it was obvious...wrong maybe but obvious.

2: Anyone who thought we were going to be there less than 5 years after we disbanded the army & police needs their head examined. The war was officially over one of the days around when the statue of Saddam toppled over. From that point on it was an occupation and not a war for semantics purposes.

If there were minimum disturbances I suppose the military growth could have went faster...but the Baathists made sure that was not going to happen.

This is where my disdain for Rumsfeld comes in. I could be wrong, but I think our military would have brokered a deal with their military in some form. But rumsfeld may be a jerk but he knew how long we would be there when he disbanded their army. He shoved that right up our AZZ and he should be punished for it.

There was no way we could turn our back on those people like we did with Bush 1 ... but intelligence could have prevailed and I'm sure we could have made a few deals with the military, install a temporary leader...the elections could have happened much sooner.

Hindsight? I say no ... it's what I expected...it's what many suspected. In fact, soem thought that was already going on when we began dropping bombs. Maybe it was, and the people we were working with got killed...but in any case such stupidity...1/2 the members in this forum could have developed a post-war plan better than rumsfeld did....or at least a more honest one.

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

So what's your vote?:
    A. "largest steaming pile of sh-t" or
    B. "worst lying traitor of them all".