Donald Driver wants out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Packers | Driver disgruntled over team's failure to redo contract
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:47:01 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver is mad that the team has not re-done his deal and wants to be traded or released.

Things are falling to pieces in Packers land. But hey!! At least Brett is back. :D By the way, I think Driver would be a great addition here. Probably cheaper than Walker too.

I'll take Driver and Walker for a 6th rounder, please. :D

I think Driver may be better in the long run...

Pats726 said:

He's older but would be much cheaper. If I remember right, he was a pretty good deep thread in Green Bay too.

re

Driver for a 3rd or 4th would be... GREAT!!!

looks like GB is gonna revert back to how they were before Reggie white went there. No one will want to play there or more appropriately, no one will want to play with that QB.

I would be glad if New England traded for Driver for a second rounder.

I'd think Driver could be had real cheap. 4th at the most. I think he would be a great addition to the Pats, better than Walker when you take into account $$ and baggage.

I think we could sign him for solid #2WR money, then give Branch a nice #1WR contract.

tombonneau said:
I'd think Driver could be had real cheap. 4th at the most. I think he would be a great addition to the Pats, better than Walker when you take into account $$ and baggage.

I think we could sign him for solid #2WR money, then give Branch a nice #1WR contract.

If only this would happen - but it will not.

Now Green Bay, was keeping Favre really worth losing most of your decent players. And Walker and Driver are only the beginning.

God I love us.

Didya ever notice, when a big, big, big name is to be had in free agency (like Walker), Pats fans say "yeah um maybe that would be great but..." whereas every other team's fans start salivating, typing the names of all their big names in all caps, and conclude with NO WAY WE DON'T GO TO XLI...?

Then the Pats fans see the smaller name with the solid production, lack of (what could be) a single-stellar-season performance, at an affordable price, and get all excited?

This is why I love being a Pats fan in the offseason. You might prefer to be a Skins fan or a Phins fan, when the Big Name rolls into town every couple weeks... but come January (and come next year, and the year after, and the year after that,) Skins fans and Phins fans are always scratching their heads about their 8-8 records (yeah I know they both finished a cut above mediocre last year... but don't count on that lasting.)

I don't attribute that to us being geniuses... it's from drinking the koolaid, to put credit where it's due. Other teams have smart guys, with smart business models, just different... but once the "secret" of applying business smarts to football was out, it seems no other fan base got on board that part of the discussion quite so much.

I mean, any fan board has a resident smart alek or two that follows cap money and injuries... but around here, it seems more actually "get" that side than don't. Truly a pleasure.

Okay, I'm off the soapbox now.

PFnV

Pats726 said:
Most certainly. Better in the short run, also.

PatsFanInVa said:
Didya ever notice, when a big, big, big name is to be had in free agency (like Walker), Pats fans say "yeah um maybe that would be great but..." whereas every other team's fans start salivating, typing the names of all their big names in all caps, and conclude with NO WAY WE DON'T GO TO XLI...?

Then the Pats fans see the smaller name with the solid production, lack of (what could be) a single-stellar-season performance, at an affordable price, and get all excited?

This is why I love being a Pats fan in the offseason. You might prefer to be a Skins fan or a Phins fan, when the Big Name rolls into town every couple weeks... but come January (and come next year, and the year after, and the year after that,) Skins fans and Phins fans are always scratching their heads about their 8-8 records (yeah I know they both finished a cut above mediocre last year... but don't count on that lasting.)

I don't attribute that to us being geniuses... it's from drinking the koolaid,
For me it isn't from drinking the Kool-Aid. It's because those smaller names the Pats signed in 2001 won a superbowl, and then won two more.

That's why Pats fans are the way they are about the signings. It has worked in the past.

Any Redskin fan that gets excited over yet another big name signing, or any DOlphin fan that gets excited when yet another draft pick is traded away for a big name, is truly clueless. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Pats726 said:

Honestly, I don't know that he is better in the long run than J. Walker. After all he is 31. He is an accomplished receiver, and his personality would fit the Pats better. For 2-4 years of Driver I would give up a 4th. Definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes