PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks: Season predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don Banks:Season predictions

I dunno...you gotta respect San Diego's talent, but they are banged up right now and it wouldn't surprise me if the injuries just got worse as the season went on. Merriman is an idiot for playing, and he's probably going to do some long term damage and cost them their best pass rusher in the process.

I dunno...you gotta respect San Diego's talent, but they are banged up right now and it wouldn't surprise me if the injuries just got worse as the season went on. Merriman is an idiot for playing, and he's probably going to do some long term damage and cost them their best pass rusher in the process.

merriman aside , they are talented too. right now all teams are battling questions including the pats. i thought i would never say this.-the worse thing than peyton manning winning a SB over us has to be rivers winning a SB.

I don't have a problem with Banks' prediction. But I do share the same concerns about injuries with the Chargers. Three injuries in particular: Merriman, Gates, and Rivers. Rivers may be back and playing right now, but will his surgically repaired knee start to bother him during the season. Gates' injury is the type of injury that has the potential to hamper a player his entire career. The guy didn't catch a ball all preseason and even admitted he was well below 100% to begin training camp. Merriman's problems have been well documented.

The Chargers may be overcome all these things and be the most dominant team in the league. But these injuries and the injuries you get normally in the regular season could make them a disapointment.

Again with the age.

I have no problem with Banks predicting the Chargers win the Super Bowl but those seem like some dubious reasons why they'll win and the Patriots will lose.

Motivation? Losing the Super Bowl after winning 18 straight isn't motivation?

Travel? The Chargers have one more cross country game than the Patriots, who could also make just two trips, staying in Cali for the week of practice.

Late playoff meltdowns? Uh, what would you call the end to the Chargers' 2006 season? What about not getting the ball for the final 9+ minutes of the AFC Championship game? What about all of those injuries? Which is worse, healthy, older players, or young studs who can't make it on the field?

I expect more from a national football writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down